PIZZA & CODE
About This Event
What's better than learning how to code? Eating pizza while learning how to code!
Join us for Pizza & Code - an event not to be missed at GA Santa Monica! This popular event sells out quickly, so be sure to book your ticket ASAP.
Pizza generously supplied by Caviar
Step into the world of web development with General Assembly. During our introductory workshop, explore the building blocks of the web — HTML and CSS — and learn how you can apply these programming languages to develop your own simple sites. By writing your own lines of code, you’ll:
- Get a closer look at how the developer community and many different fields benefit from coding knowledge.
- Learn how HTML and CSS function together to form the backbone of the web.
- Cover key coding terms and principles.
- Develop a custom, working web page from scratch.
If you've ever been interested in learning how to code, this is a great event to get your feet wet! At GA, we provide a welcoming, kind and fun environment to learn. All are invited to attend.
- know how to get started with coding
Prereqs & Preparation
Please bring a fully-charged laptop if you'd like to participate in class.
For those on Windows, you’ll need Microsoft Windows 7/8/10 (32- or 64-bit). For those with Macs, you’ll need the Mac OS X 10.8.5 or higher, up to 10.11.4 (El Capitan). Upgrade your operating system before class, if needed.
Basic technical aptitude and orientation to computers, and curiosity to learn new tools.