Mechanical Design Engineer
Virgin Hyperloop One
Greater LA Area
1 day ago
• Design and development of the Hyperloop Propulsion System (including the propulsion motor, levitation drive, power electronics, high power solid state switches and battery packaging) and supporting systems that combine electromagnetic, electric circuit, mechanical, fluid, thermal utilizing NX, Team-center, ANSYS workbench, MATLAB and other mechanical engineering tools and technologies.
• Create and maintain 3D models/drawings in Unigraphics NX.
• Work with development, test and analysis engineers to create detailed component and system models for various Propulsion related sub-systems (including the propulsion motor, motor drive, control assemblies and mechanical support structures.).
• Design complex systems utilizing engineering principles.
• Analysis and verification of preliminary and detail design with hand calculations and FEA.
• Running thermal analysis using ANSYS on the system to check the heat losses.
• Work with internal teams and external vendors to ensure timely completion of functional hardware.
• Conceptualize, design, and test power electronics hardware, including semiconductor modules, capacitors, magnetics, heatsinks, bus bars, batteries.
• Work on VFD Mechanical Design & Build Support. Procurement of parts.