Lead Process Development Engineer - Vehicle
Virgin Hyperloop One
Greater LA Area
2 hours ago
• Lead & manage a team of process development engineers.
• Lead the research, design, prototype, integration and development of manufacturing processes ranging the entire Manufacturing Readiness Level (MRL) spectrum from preliminary “laboratory” testing to full scale mass production.
• Function as a key go-to subject matter expert on the fabrication and assembly of the vehicle fuselage and final integration of all sub-systems including thermal management, power management, batteries, environment management, propulsion, braking, mag-lev, interior and others.
• Work with internal teams and outside vendors to build prototypes and develop processes for mass production.
• Work with a Project Manager to ensure the team meets critical project schedule deadlines.
• Work daily with lead hardware design engineers to understand the most up-to-date product requirements and development status to ensure manufacturing development keeps pace or leads product design.
• Lead the research & reporting of total process costs for various design trades including raw materials, cycle time, outside vendors, capital & tooling investments, facility requirements, direct & indirect labor and logistics costs, etc.
• Lead the research & publishing of manufacturing technical memos for manufacturing recommendations, feasibility studies, cost savings initiatives, NPI, make vs. buy studies, etc.