Our Product Development team is working on the next big startups and tech innovations, and we’re in search for a UX unicorn. Cie Digital Labs looking for a UX Designer who can contribute to all aspects of product strategy and design, including ideation, research, interaction design and visual design. If this is you, keep reading!
As a UX Designer at Cie Digital Labs, you will work closely with clients to translate big vision into reality. You will be responsible for bringing a unique perspective to our current UX practices and continuously raise the bar to deliver an experience that exceeds expectations. You will collaborate with the engineering, product, design, and project management teams to build outstanding and innovative products.
Who you are:
- Empathic: Adept at understanding needs of the users.
- Thrive when working at a rapid pace in a creative environment.
- Master Storyteller: You can mesmerize an audience with your design.
- Fun team player: Around you the team feels like every day is a Friday.
- Problem-solver: You use both sides of your brain.
- Detail-oriented: If a pixel is at #FEE900 instead of #FFEA00, you will notice.
- Insatiably curious: Constantly learning and share the latest and greatest with those around you.
- Good listener: Open to ideas and have a thick skin when getting feedback on your work.
- Data driven: Data guides your design (but you know when to break the rules).
- Whenever the team needs help solving a problem you turn into a UX MacGyver.
What you'll do:
- Participate in brainstorming and development with product managers on product concepts.
- Work closely with everyone to make your designs a reality.
- Conduct user research and testing to validate designs and prototypes.
- Develop conceptual diagrams, interaction flows, wireframes, visual mockups, and prototypes.
- Present and communicate design work to the project team.
- Take part in designing the UI architecture, interface, and interaction flow of web and on-device software.
- Design the visual aesthetic of digital projects you are working on.
- Above all, have fun creating the next big thing.
What you need to succeed:
- A portfolio featuring your design work – let your work speak for itself.
- 4+ years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar UX-related role.
- Experience in interaction design, usability, visual design, prototyping, research.
- Experience with designing for multiple types of devices.
- Strong consumer product instincts.
- Pragmatic design philosophy.
- Understanding of composition, balance, symmetry, and white space.
- Ability to use human-centered product discovery methods to infer product design.
- Experience building products in an Agile software development environment.
- Demonstrated experience incubating and commercializing new ideas, working closely with technical teams from concept generation through implementation.
- Strong leadership skills to drive projects to completion.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work effectively and build strong relationships across internal and external organizations.
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and make things happen in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, Axure, Zeplin, and other design tools.
- Bachelor’s degree in interaction design, human-computer interaction, or related UX degree.
What We Offer:
At Cie Digital Lab’s, we’re looking for fun, bright, independent, self-motivated, and experienced people who have a passion for building disruptive technology. Our compensation packages consist of salary and equity, and are commensurate with accomplishment. We offer a full suite of benefits.
- Competitive salary: Based on experience and performance.
- Ownership: The right candidate will have the opportunity to work in an exciting start-up environment with accelerated vertical growth. You’ll work with a smart group of driven and talented project and account managers, designers, and developers.
- Health/Benefits: Full suite of benefits including Medical, Dental, Visual, Life, Paid Vacation and a 401k matched.
- The Right Gear: All the bells and whistles you need to drive results.
- The Right Culture: Frequent Team events and friendly competition. Yeah, we love ping pong too. Tourney day is right around the corner…
- Free Food/Drinks: Catered lunches, stocked pantries, fridges and unlimited coffee.
- Fitness: There’s an outfitted gym at your disposal.
- Location: With new offices in Irvine, CA, our beautiful open work space offers stocked fridges, snacks and is in a building with a gym for employees, free parking, and game room!