Technical Art Director
Survios, the developer of the best-selling game Raw Data for the HTC Vive, has an opening for a full-time Technical Art Director working in Unreal Engine 4.
Candidates must have a passion and experience for designing, implementing, and maintaining a full art pipeline and tools while developing cutting edge visual effects and procedural art systems. Our ideal Technical Art Director can manage the 3D art pipeline as well as asset production for cutting edge AAA VR game titles. This person can also dive in, solve problems, and make improvements wherever necessary.
The ideal candidate is a proactive problem solver who demonstrates technical ability along with creativity and a respect for aesthetics. Applicants should be enthusiastic about ensuring that visual assets can be easily integrated into the game engine without sacrificing visual quality and must understand how gameplay and architecture issues can affect content creation and can successfully develop workflows to compensate for such limitations.
- Establish and maintain art asset pipeline for Unreal Engine 4 projects.
- Guide 3D artists on asset creation and integration.
- Understand technical tools including rigging, procedural and scripted tools.
- Work directly with engineers in UE4 to manage 3D assets and materials.
- Excellent understanding of Unreal Engine 4 art pipeline and tools.
- Excellent understanding of 3D modeling programs including Maya and Substance Designer.
- Shipped at least 3 high quality game titles.
- Experience managing an art team and pipeline.
- Working knowledge of commonly used more 3D packages including modeling, texturing, lighting, rigging, animation, scripting and tool creation
- Extensive knowledge of the Unreal Engine 4 material system.
- Familiarity with CG-oriented programming languages, image manipulation and compression, video game hardware, advanced shading techniques, particle systems, character skeletons and kinematics, command line systems, and real-time lighting are all highly advantageous
- Expert knowledge of Maya
- Strong knowledge of current 3D graphics techniques
- Strong knowledge of particle systems, environmental effects, cloth simulations, lighting, and dynamics
- High proficiency in technical problem solving
- Scripting experience (Mel or Python)
- Experience working with PS4 and/or Xbox One hardware
- Knowledge of programming (C++, C#, etc)