Sr. Software Engineer - Network & Backend Systems
Survios, the developer of the best-selling game Raw Data for the HTC Vive, has an opening for a full-time Senior Software Engineer to work on Network and Backend systems.
- Help develop Survios backend client-server technology using C++, RakNet and Unreal Engine 4.
- Collaborate with Engineering team members to gather networking systems requirements and design specifications
- Create or improve tools as necessary to support product development
- Continuously test, debug, profile, analyze, and optimize on applicable console, PC, mobile, and web platforms.
- Contribute innovative and original ideas on all aspects of game systems production and development.
- Expert C++ software engineer
- Solid understanding of networking fundamentals including experience with all levels of the network stack and different network topologies.
- Ambitiously seek opportunities to apply skills and aptitude to problems aligned with product vision
- Consistently deliver on commitments to produce software across the technology stack
- Advise team members on development techniques, technologies, products, services, best practices
- Proactively identify and communicate risks to success of the team in achieving goals
- Continuously build on personal strengths and learn new skills, to broaden and deepen engineering capabilities
- Mentor and coach team members to grow their skills
- Constantly give and receive honest feedback to and from all team members to improve everyone’s effectiveness
- Experience working with Unreal Engine 4.
- Experience with Unreal networking protocol, including OnlineSubsystems, connections, sessions, and game state serialization.
- Experience interacting with one or more OnlineSubsystems, e.g. Steam
- Implement Unreal 4 networking features for social interaction.
Read Full Job Description