Software Engineer (PHP & WordPress)
About the Opportunity:
As a Software Engineer focusing on WordPress plugin and theme development, you’ll be responsible for building and maintaining reusable WordPress plugins and themes used to build websites for small businesses. You’ll participate in all phases of the software development cycle: from product definition and design through implementation, debugging, and testing. You will work collaboratively with other engineers and must be willing to take on any technical tasks that contribute to the goals of the team and the company.
About the Responsibilities:
- Build and maintain reusable WordPress plugins and themes used by other teams to build websites for customers.
- Work closely with the Product and Design teams as part of an Agile Development process
- Translate design specs into clean, concise, and maintainable software
- Test, debug, and refine software to produce the required product
- Enhance software to reduce operating time or improve efficiency
- Research and compare different technologies to find optimal solutions
- Work collaboratively with a small team and independently
- BS or MS in Computer Science or technical/quantitative field
- 3+ years professional experience
- Experience building reusable WordPress Plugins and Themes
- Experience building reusable extensions or components in PHP
- Experience with Agile processes such as scrum or kanban.
- Experience or exposure to development techniques that drive high code coverage and craftsmanship, e.g., TDD, code reviews, continuous integration.