Senior Software Engineer - Big Data
We are looking for a top notch Software Engineer to join the rapidly growing OpenX data platform team to help us build the best big data platform through the entire stack. We want talented and highly motivated senior data engineers to help us innovate and improve our products. You will work in all aspects of agile application development, including our enterprise platform that interfaces with a multitude of services that are depended on to deliver billions of requests per day. Your opinions will be important in all phases of product development, starting from requirements to validation and deployment. If this sounds like your opportunity to make a massive contribution to one of our core products, as well as a chance to deliver the best experience possible at an enterprise level, we look forward to your application!
- Work with multiple distributed teams to architect, create, and deliver new features and functionality in order to deliver the best possible advertising experience in the market
- Work with different Big Data frameworks
- Own components, processes, and workflows that demand professionalism, excellent communication, teamwork, and documentation skills
- Responsible for the design and development of the data platform. You must fluently speak algorithms and data structures, have great knowledge of design patterns and software architecture, and be able to whiteboard elegant code at will
- Minimum of 5 years of experience and a rock solid Computer Science foundation
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent degree
- Skilled Java Developer
- 3+ years of experience with either Java MR programming or Spark programming.
- Skills with bash scripts, and have a passion for development and a strong background in building dynamic, high-volume data platform with Java and other new technology frameworks such as Kafka, Spark, Druid etc.
- Big plus if you have a good understanding of major components in Hadoop ecosystem - such as Spark SQL, Pig, Hive, HCatalog, Hbase, YARN, Oozie, Zookeeper, and other NoSql products
- Loves to solve large data problems
- Excellent communication, teamwork, and documentation skills
- Scalability, performance, and rock-solid reliability with every line you code
- Continuous interest in new technologies
Company at a Glance
OpenX exists to help publishers grow their businesses by monetizing great content. We do this by creating highly efficient, high quality programmatic advertising marketplaces that deliver optimal value to all buyers and sellers of digital advertising.
Today, OpenX operates one of the largest, most efficient and highest quality programmatic markets in the world. Our unified system also encompasses a complete supply side platform that optimizes revenue across network and real-time bidding (RTB) demand, and a comprehensive ad server.
At OpenX we have built a team that is uniquely experienced in designing and operating high-scale programmatic ad marketplaces. We are constantly looking for thoughtful, creative executors who are as fascinated as we are about finding new ways to apply a blend of market design, technical innovation, operational excellence, and empathetic partner service to the frontiers of digital advertising.
We are one
Our customers define us
OpenX is mine
We are an open book
We evolve fast