Senior Programmer - Unreal Engine 4
Survios, the developer of the best-selling game Raw Data for the HTC Vive, has an opening for an ambitious, visionary and experienced Senior Programmer working with Unreal Engine 4.
Candidates must have a passion for designing, implementing, and maintaining gameplay systems and tools. Applicants should be enthusiastic about the opportunity to collaborate with other developers across disciplines, seek out opportunities to dive in, solve problems, and make improvements wherever necessary.
The ideal candidate has considerable experience contributing to a large cutting-edge code base and has the ability to architect and implement critical game engine components. The role requires prior experience developing for modern game systems such as PS4, Xbox One or Windows.
- Design, develop, and maintain the core engine systems that power Survios games and applications.
- Create software systems that are intrinsically scalable and cross platform.
- Create or improve tools as necessary to support specific features/systems.
- Continuously test, debug, profile, analyze, and optimize across on all applicable platforms.
- Adapt current and legacy games to maximize performance and stability on new platforms.
- Contribute innovative and original ideas on all aspects of game production and development.
- Five or more years of experience in the creation and delivery of state-of-the-art, performance-minded games with two in-game credits required.
- Demonstrated proficiency in C++.
- Proficient with linear algebra and general 3D mathematics.
- Comfortable working with internal and externally developed code.
- Effective communicator and collaborator with engineers and team members from other disciplines.
- A natural curiosity for all aspects of game development and a willingness to work on a wide variety of systems.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills.
- Self-motivated and passionate about making video games.
- Commitment to personal and peer development and sharing best practices.
- Hands-on experience developing for Unreal Engine 4, PS4 and Xbox One.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Math, or related field.
- Experience developing Maya plug-ins and asset pipeline support utilities.
- Experience designing and implementing threaded, asynchronous software.
- Experience with real-time physics, animation, and inverse kinematics.