Senior Manager, Tax Accounting & Compliance
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
We’re looking for a Senior Manager to join the Finance team at Snap Inc! As a member of our Tax Accounting and Compliance team, you’ll be working from our Santa Monica, CA office collaborating with our Controllership, FP&A, and Internal Audit groups to lead our global tax accounting function and domestic tax compliance function. Along with that, you’ll be implementing process improvements and best practices within the tax operations function.
What you’ll do:
- Manage quarterly and annual global consolidated income tax provision in accordance with ASC 740 - combination of preparation and review
- Manage US Federal and Multi-State income tax compliance process
- Coordinate US Federal and Multi-State income tax controversy process
- Interface with tax planning function to determine tax provision, tax compliance, and disclosure impacts of tax planning transactions
- Coordinate with tax planning function on US-focused projects (such as transfer pricing documentation, R&D credits, US tax reform analysis, etc.)
- Interface with company auditors during quarterly and annual financial statement processes
- Interface with internal audit function as leader of SOX compliance for tax function
- Identify and implement software solutions for tax accounting and tax compliance needs
What we’re looking for:
- BA/BS in accounting or finance; CPA; Master’s in tax is a plus
- Minimum of 10 years tax experience in Big 4 public accounting firm, corporate tax department of US publicly traded multinational company, or combination thereof
- Must have strong experience preparing and reviewing US GAAP tax provisions in accordance with ASC 740; analyses under ASC 740-10 (FIN 48) and ASC 450-20 (FAS 5); and financial statement disclosures for income taxes
- Must have Federal and Multi-state US tax compliance experience for a large multi-national consolidated taxpayer
- Strong financial statement accounting and analysis skill set
- Ability to operate effectively and lead others in a deadline-driven fast-paced environment with a high degree of accuracy – be a strong operator of the 80-20 rule
- Must have a strong work ethic and be able to successfully manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously
- Detail oriented with strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Strong communicator with desire and ability to build relationships
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at [email protected].