Senior Manager, Financial Reporting & Technical Accounting
The Technical Accounting and Financial Reporting Manager is responsible for researching and documenting technical accounting issues, assisting in preparation of external reporting documents, supporting external audits and ad hoc projects as necessary. The successful candidate must be a self-starter and work with limited direction while taking full ownership of the areas of responsibility and provide solutions and alternatives. The candidate will be able to utilize sharp analytical and technical accounting skills to contribute to a dynamic, first class, and efficient finance team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Review new and existing revenue contracts to ensure proper revenue recognition is applied
- Perform research and draft technical accounting memos on various topics including, but not limited to, revenue recognition, stock-based compensation matters, leases, etc.
- Lead the project on new revenue recognition and lease standards analysis and implementation
- Assist with preparation of annual and quarterly financial statements
- Prepare monthly equity roll forward and statement of cash flows
- Prepare and compile supporting schedules and tie-out binder for quarterly and annual filings
- Perform technical accounting research and prepare accounting memos in support of positions taken and conclusions reached for new transactions or new accounting principles
- Assist in monitoring relevant US GAAP and SEC developments to ensure revenue recognition policies and procedures are in compliance with current standards and assist in the implementation of revenue recognition reporting and process improvements based upon industry trends, authoritative literature and business objectives
- Assist with the preparation and production of the internal financial statements
- Review and stay abreast of GAAP and SEC rules and regulations and comparable or relevant company financial statement disclosures
- Partner with FP&A teams to develop business intelligence that will enhance financial reporting
- Support monthly financial statement review processes that includes explaining variances to plan, providing insight on current and expected trends, and identifying areas of risk and opportunities
- Provide requisite schedules/reports for quarterly reviews/annual audits with external auditors and for the quarterly board meetings
- Monitor and actively work towards establishing and enhancing formal processes for internal controls surrounding the external reporting process to ensure compliance with Sarbanes Oxley Act (SOX) requirements
- Provide support to any special and ad-hoc projects and drive automation of processes
- Supervise and mentor revenue and billing team
- Other ad-hoc projects as necessary
- At least four to six years of accounting and audit experience with focus in revenue recognition and financial reporting
- Big 4 audit experience is required, experience with software and tech clients is a huge plus
- Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented self-starter with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate clearly and concisely both verbally and written
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Good planning and organizational skills to balance and prioritize workload
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide. To learn more about our team, click here.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation, stock options, employee enrichment and development programs, and friends & family events.