Senior Accountant, Technical Reporting
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
We’re looking for a Senior Accountant to join Snap, Inc! Working closely with the Accounting team, you will be a key part of our SEC External Reporting process. Working from our Santa Monica, CA office, you’ll collaborate with our Finance, Investor Relations, and Legal teams to prepare accurate and timely external financial statements and earnings information.
What you’ll do:
- Directly responsible for preparing financial statements and footnotes for reporting purposes
- Preparing reporting package reconciliations and analytic reports, including items related to financial statements, earnings release, and investor decks
- Own the XBRL tagging process
- Helping with research and conclude on technical accounting areas and evaluating new accounting standards
- Assisting in the audit process
Who we’re looking for:
- BS Accounting and CPA preferred
- 3+ years of relevant accounting experience, Big 4 experience preferred
- SEC Reporting and XBRL experience
- Strong accounting knowledge and understanding of GAAP
- Fortune 500 and/or private/startup company experience (both preferred)
- Highly proficient in Excel
- Ability to work under pressure, often in a deadline driven environment and ability to multitask
- Must possess excellent critical thinking, problem solving skills and superior attention to detail
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing
- Ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively in a team environment
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.