Strategic Partner Manager (Enterprise)
Factual is the location data company the world’s most valuable brands and technology companies trust to understand and intelligently grow their businesses. We help engineering teams, marketers and data analysts build the best digital products, deliver more impactful marketing and transform their businesses with the most accurate and comprehensive data on places and people worldwide.
About the Partner Services team:
The Partner Services team focuses on growing client relationships. Our Strategic Partner Managers are responsible for managing and expanding our current partnerships, and growing revenue through renewals and upsells. Our team is unique at Factual because we work closely with our technical teams as well as with clients in diverse verticals. So if you love working in an environment where you interact with many different types of people to solve cutting-edge, complex problems, and where every day is different from the day before, this is the team for you!
About the Role:
We are looking for tech-savvy Strategic Partner Managers (SPMs) to proactively engage with our ever-growing customer base throughout the entire customer lifecycle. SPMs at Factual have a unique 360 degree view of the business, as they interact externally with clients, as well as internally with our engineers, product managers, marketers, and salespeople. In this role, you will play a major part in overseeing the management of existing strategic partnerships for businesses in verticals ranging from navigation to finance. A sampling of current customers can be found on the homepage of our website.
The ideal candidate will possess a love for digging-in and solving client business challenges, as well as mapping those to existing or new solutions within the Factual portfolio of products. Moreover, the ideal candidate will have extensive experience or passion in building a sales pipeline and closing deals. Candidates must be comfortable working with fast-growing, developer-led companies, as well as with larger enterprise companies. Most importantly, candidates will have a strong comfort level with technology - you must love getting into the nitty gritty of our products since you will be the liaison between our data/engineering teams and our clients.
The Strategic Partner Manager will be responsible for the relationship and overall revenue performance of key partners. Through the use of strategic planning, quarterly business reviews, monthly in-person working sessions with accounts and numerous client engagements, you will reach and/or exceed quarterly revenue goals. The responsibilities include day-to-day oversight of clients, managing the entire client life-cycle after the initial agreement is signed, onboarding, ongoing account growth, renewal, cross-sell, and upsell.
As a Strategic Partner Manager at Factual, you will:
- Be goaled on retention and expansion opportunities
- Be responsible for renewing and growing an individual book of business
- Mentor junior SPMs on the team
- Respond to RFPs
- Manage the contract process from beginning to end: Drafting a contract, negotiating the redlines, and finalizing the contract for signature
- Build, manage, and execute against a pipeline sourced from existing clients
- 7+ years of business development, strategic partner management, and/or sales experience that includes building a deal pipeline and closing deals
- Experience in client management, ideally at a technology-focused company
- Results-driven with knowledge and experience in driving business objectives, customer relationship management, customer satisfaction, and revenue growth
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, as well as a bias for proactively resolving issues
- Ability to think strategically about our clients’ needs and business goals
- Aptitude, creativity, and a preference for working in small, collaborative teams with minimal supervision
- Creative, independent problem solver.
- A dislike of being micro-managed
- A passion for Factual and our mission
- Attention to detail
- Flexible, startup mindset with proven success in fast-paced environments, and the ability to juggle multiple client deadlines
- Strong academic credentials, BA/BS or equivalent
- Experience with SaaS businesses
- MBA or masters in Economics, Computer Science, or related field
- Previous work experience in data industry, preferably location data industry
**Preference for candidates who have experience outside of Agency and Media**