Strategic Account Executive
About the Company
Since 1915, Deluxe has served as the trusted partner to the global entertainment industry: from the major Hollywood studios to new global content platforms, as well as leading local content producers, broadcasters and distributors around the world.
Our comprehensive offering of creative post-production and digital delivery solutions enables our clients to enhance and maximise the value of their content globally. We provide an end-to-end suite of services unrivalled in breadth, scale and global scope: high-end audio and visual post production for television and film; content management; content marketing; content localisation; and IP-based global distribution.
Deluxe is a c. $1billion Los Angeles-based company with operations in over 25 countries around the world. Whilst the International business of Deluxe comprises less than half of the revenue of the business today, we expect this share to increase substantially as we lead the international growth agenda for the business.
Deluxe is a best-in-class employer, with over 8,000 of the most respected technologists and artists in the industry. We foster a culture of ingenuity, passion and collaboration to support our clients and our people, in all their endeavours. Our company values follow.
We currently have an opening for a Strategic Account Executive. This position will be located in New York.
Be Pioneers: We innovate and push for boundless creativity through curiosity.
Pursue Diversity: Different views and experiences are advantages. Our global presence gives us perspectives that drive better business.
Act with Integrity: We are honest and forthright in our dealings. Building trust builds a better company.
Take Ownership: We are accountable for ourselves, our colleagues, our clients and our company.
Collaborate: Together we are stronger. We deliver more success through shared goals and mutual support.
Exceed Expectations: We understand our colleagues’ and clients’ needs and always exceed expectations.
Context & Structure
The role is part of the world-wide commercial operation which supports the global distribution business of Deluxe.
The Deluxe Commercial team brings together the strengths of the Marketing, Business Development, Sales and Account Management global teams. The Strategic Account Executive role focuses on selling Distribution’s four (4) primary lines of business to multiple sectors including but not limited to Hollywood and non-Hollywood sectors and is based in various locations across the globe and sits within the Sales function, reporting to the EVP Sales which is based in Burbank, Los Angeles.
Main purpose of the position:
This role is responsible for selling Distribution’s four (4) primary lines of business to multiple sectors including but not limited to Hollywood and non-Hollywood sectors within the eastern region. Through developing excellent client relationships and working closely with the Deluxe team dedicated to this sector, this role will focus on maximizing sales revenue to meet individual, team and business objectives.
- Working with allocated accounts, take qualified leads, driving, selling and closing effectively in order to maximize sales revenue, consistently meeting individual, team and business objectives.
- Work collaboratively with Senior Sales Development Representatives to ensure that all new business opportunities/leads are being given the right level of focus and drive to ensure the business pipeline is being built.
- Work with Sales Operations team to develop pricing strategies appropriate to the client.
- Develop, nurture and maintain excellent client relationships in order to leverage business and exceed targets/objectives.
- Represent Deluxe in a professional manner at all times, demonstrating the Company values as required to maximise effectiveness
- Support RFIs/RFPs/Preferred Vendor Relationships responses and follow ups in order to be awarded business, working with Sales Operations.
- Develop financial analyses and subsequent rate cards around RFP requirements
- Work with Sales Operations to maintain current list of preferred rate cards; answer related questions as required
- Deliver excellent product and service demonstrations to prospective clients, working closely with the Product Solutions team to provide clients will an excellent level of information and confidence in Deluxe.
- Work will all Deluxe stake-holders are required, e.g. Sales Operations, Legal, Marketing, Account Management in order to maximise business
- Effectively maintain the CRM in a timely manner as required for reporting and analysis
- Positively contribute to all necessary sales calls and follow ups internally and with Clients
- Provide additional analytical support and market research as determined by EVP Sales
Skills and experience
- Bachelor degree educated
- Excellent work experience in sales roles, working with challenging target, ideally working with Media and entertainment clients
- Strong experience and understanding of technical solution sales
- Wide-ranging and detailed knowledge of clients within the Media and entertainment sector, including OTT, new media, Broadcast, Indies, production companies, cable, PayTV and Telecommunications as well.
- Great relationship skills - warm, sincere, friendly and approachable.
- Demonstrable key relationships with several senior client executives.
- Experience of managing complex sales processes and RFPs
- Ability to encourage individuals to excel
- Ability to effectively delegate responsibilities while remaining fully in control
- Supportive, collaborative, professional and driven.
- Solutions focussed and target driven
- Knowledge of industry advances
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels and with all functions of the organization
- Advanced knowledge of a CRM system (preferably Sales force) Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel, is required
We offer competitive pay and benefits program including medical, dental & vision coverage, vacation & sick leave, 401(k), and more.
Deluxe’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Deluxe will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and federal law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Deluxe. Please inform the company's personnel representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.