Sr. Manager, Government Partnerships Education
Bird is a last-mile electric vehicle sharing company dedicated to bringing safe, low-cost, environmentally-friendly transportation solutions to communities across the world. We provide a fleet of electric, shared scooters that can be accessed via smartphone. Bird is headquartered in Venice, California and is rapidly expanding across the country and the world.
We are searching for a seasoned sales executive to serve in a leadership role assisting our Government Partnerships and Launch teams. The role will provide the opportunity to coach and mentor our growing team of Government Partnerships and Launch representatives who are working with cities to develop solutions that best integrate tomorrow’s transport modalities into today’s transportation systems.
What You'll Do
- Coach and mentor members of the Government Partnerships and Launch teams on how they can most effectively meet the needs of cities and regulators
- Work together with Bird’s Government Partnerships and Communications leadership teams, as well as other policy advisors, to develop the firm-wide training strategy around government partnerships
- Deliver training to team members of varying backgrounds and levels of experience
- Monitor legislative / regulatory developments impacting Bird to ensure training remains current and appropriate
- Develop innovative sales strategies and tactics to help drive Bird’s regulatory objectives
What You'll Have
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required, advanced degree preferred
- 10+ years experience in management consulting, government sales, government relations, or lobbying
- 5+ years experience leading a team, with team training or mentoring preferred
- 5+ years of sales experience
- Professional experience with regulatory processes and politics involved at the federal, state, and local levels
What You'll Need
- Integrity - We look for people who put teams and Bird riders first and who default to doing the right thing, always.
- Attitude - Self starter who radiates positivity and possesses a “can-do” and "yes and" view towards any opportunity.
- Pragmatism & resourcefulness - We are a startup, we need to stay nimble and prioritize so that we get from where we are to where we need to be.
- Passion - We are ecosystem engineers and are looking for individuals with a passion for mobility and sustainability.
- Team player mindset - Ability to influence and develop strong and productive cross-functional relationships.
- Professional - Ability to be highly responsive and willing to work flexible hours, an ability to lead and manage shifting assignments and multiple projects at the same time is a must
Bird Rides Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer, and we welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or genetics. We are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Read Full Job Description