Sponsorship Coordinator (Temp) - Marketplaces
Leaf Group is seeking a Sponsorship Coordinator to help our marketplace art & design brands on a temporary basis from our Santa Monica. CA office. This is a temp role starting at 40 hours/week for 6 months and will be reevaluated at the end of the term for possible extension or future potential based on individual and business performance.
This role will assist with the planning and execution of sponsorship programs and onsite brand activations at our global emerging art fairs. Your primary goal as coordinator is to successfully provide corporate sponsors with next level service and account management. Your work will also range from brainstorming of sponsorship ideas, outreach, pitch deck support work, bringing activations to life from a tactical execution perspective, to post-event: ongoing communication with sponsors, reporting, and ensuring that all brands' goals have been met.
A big vision calls for a big job. As we grow, our need for a Sponsorship Coordinator grows with us.
Leaf Group is a diversified Internet company that builds platforms to enable communities of creators to reach passionate audiences in large and growing lifestyle categories. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of art, design and technology. We want people with an intense curiosity, a commitment to high quality service, who embrace the fun of the journey. Come help us disrupt and transform the digital media and art world!
We work in a fun, collaborative environment that is diverse, adventurous, and open-minded. We encourage all of our employees to learn and grow personally and professionally so they can assume greater responsibilities and advance their careers within the department or within one of our operating businesses. Check us out here: https://www.leafgroup.com/brands/
You’ll Report To: Sr. Director, Business Development
A typical day as a Sponsorship Coordinator might include:
- Assist in development of sponsorship concepts and building of pitch decks
- Research potential leads/brand sponsors
- Coordinate onboarding of new sponsors and partners, including VIP partners.
- Work through the contracting process, and ultimately, reporting/tracking
- Interface with Content, Creative, and IT teams to ensure all campaign deliverables are managed for each project, including custom emails, social campaigns, blog content and marketing emails
- Work with our PR team to ensure sponsor messaging is maximized across all communications channels
- Monitor trends to identify activation opportunities that are relevant, cutting-edge, and resonate with our target audience
- Assist other members of the Art Fair, events, and partnership team
You’ll be successful if you are a creative thinker with a superb attention to detail and organization as this role will include daily, weekly, and monthly administrative responsibilities that are mission-critical to sponsor satisfaction. While administrative tasks are a significant portion of the role, you may also travel to Art Fairs around the US and work directly with sponsors onsite. The right person for the job is hard-working, diligent, and excited to learn and develop their skills within a fast-growing business.
What You Have:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Prior sponsorship experience a plus
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Ability to commit to 6-12 months
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly proficient in PowerPoint, Keynote, and/or Google Slides
- Highly organized and detail-oriented; able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Good analytical skills; able to interpret and present data
- Social Media Savvy
- Must be able to travel (domestic) as required
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Not afraid to wear multiple hats - no job being too small or too large.
- We're casual and informal but we work hard and work responsibly. A pleasant and supportive demeanor goes a long way.
What We Have:
- Winner of Comparably's 2018 Best Company Los Angeles Award and 2017 Best Company for Diversity Award
- Winner of Built In LA's 2018 Top Companies to Work for
- Well+Good is the 2018 winner of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Company Award
- MyPlate is the 2018 winner of the Webby Award for Best Design
- Cool office environment and culture, including Friday lunches
- Discounts for Saatchi Art, Society6, and Deny Designs
- Free Parking
Leaf Group, Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for all job openings are welcome and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any other basis protected by state, federal, or local law. It is the intent of the Company to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local legislation concerning equal opportunity in employment.
If the Leaf Group Talent Acquisition department, or any current company employee, receives an unsolicited resume from a third party recruiting agency and Leaf Group does not have a signed Agency Agreement active, Leaf Group will not be deemed liable to pay a placement fee. The unsolicited resume will be considered a gift and can be considered for our recruitment efforts.