Senior Manager Business Continuity
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world's leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
The Senior Manager of Business Continuity reports to the Senior Director of Business Continuity and Emergency Planning and Preparedness. The Senior Manager delivers and maintains the Enterprise Business Continuity initiatives, including integration of Emergency Response. This position is responsible for collaborating with key company stakeholders in Facility Administration, Legal Affairs, Human Resources, Global Communications, Global Travel, Risk Management, and other business units as needed to create, publish and manage Business Continuity Plans (BCP) and Emergency Response Plans (ERP) throughout the global enterprise. This includes continued development and implementation of the BCP/ERP framework, including Business Impact Analysis and Recovery Readiness. The Senior Manager will lead the effort in maintaining and establishing relationships with each business unit to understand their requirements and partner with them to identify critical business functions. This position will develop and deliver global BCP and ERP training and testing to ensure the continuity of critical business processes and employee safety. The Senior manager will support other efforts in the SecOps & Business Resiliency team and work closely with other team members in the Global Security Office (GSO).
• Management of the overall Business Continuity program
• Execute, maintain and refine UMG's enterprise Business Continuity strategy and roadmap leveraging the GSO business resiliency framework
• Assume responsibility for ensuring the development of continuity and emergency response plans by each of the regional or local recovery team leaders
• Collaborate with multiple stakeholder groups and conduct Business Impact Analysis (BIA)
• Collaborate with multiple stakeholders for plan approval; publish and distribute plans to appropriate team leaders, backups, other staff and a copy to offsite storage
• Collaborate with Global-IT related Business Continuity activities and dependencies
• Monitor the business recovery plans development and scheduled deliverables from each location
• Author and conduct business continuity and incident response exercises for regions, countries, Incident Management Teams and Executive Leadership Team
• Survey all locations worldwide to assess readiness, address gaps and maintain central repository of key stakeholders
• Maintain visibility across the enterprise into business continuity and emergency preparedness, issues and trends that could impact the organization and its critical assets
• Drive the socialization, adoption, implementation, ongoing maintenance and evolution of the resiliency program across the enterprise
• Develop and lead the Emergency Preparedness Steering Committee with executive sponsors
• Ensure maintenance of the plans through annual review and team leader updates as changes take place
• Develop and give overview presentations internally and provide training to ensure continued readiness and awareness
• Review and reconcile recovery plans. Schedule, attend, coordinate and conduct planned test. Document gaps, assign problem resolution to individual(s) and monitor to ensure corrective actions are completed
• Develop and maintain maturity roadmap, training, metrics and key performance indicators that demonstrate readiness, enable identification of gaps and improve resiliency. Produce annual comprehensive assessment to ascertain the program effectiveness and provide recommendations for program improvement.
• Proven knowledge of developing and executing business continuity and emergency response plans, policies and procedures for large global corporation or government institution.
• Demonstrated track record of partnering with diverse groups within a large global corporate environment in developing business continuity and emergency response plans
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Self-motivated, detail-oriented with analytical and interpersonal skills
• Good working knowledge of security operations, safety practices in a business environment and enforcement of procedures.
• Ability to work under pressure and handle multiple project with tight deadlines across a global enterprise
• Seven or more years of experience handling business continuity, emergency preparedness and/or crisis management for a large global corporation
• Demonstrated experience which includes developing and publishing emergency preparedness policies and procedures
• Demonstrated experience which includes developing and publishing business continuity and emergency response plans
• Demonstrated experience performing risk assessments and Business Impact Analyses, formal and informal for large global corporation
• Demonstrated experience performing risk assessments
• Organization of crisis management teams
• Facilitation, development in business continuity and emergency response mock exercises
• Experience developing awareness and training program on business continuity and emergency response planning
• Experience in business continuity best practices, management systems and tool
• Understanding of basic regulatory requirements such as ISO or OSHA and knowledge of industry standards
• Program management experience delivering cross-group initiatives using collaborative approach in alignment with GSO business resiliency strategy
• Experience working in entertainment industry a plus
• Prioritization and problem-solving skills
• DRI certification – Certified Business Continuity Professional (CBCP)
• Four-year degree or work equivalent
• BCI certification – Member, Business Continuity Institute (MBCI), or advanced BCI certification, or Association of Contingency or FEMA NIMS & ICS Certificates e.g. ICS – 100, 300, 700
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.