Senior Director/GM, TV Partnerships
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
We are looking for a Senior Director/GM, Inventory Partnerships to join our growing TV team. This role is responsible for development and execution of long-term strategic partnerships with television content owners, distributors, connected device manufacturers, TV data partners and others, while also leading an agile team and developing talent.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Establish deeply integrated partnerships with partners across the entire TV ecosystem and form relationships across the various orgs within said TV media partners (i.e. Disney, etc.)
- Become an internal Subject Matter Expert on TV to help spearhead The Trade Desk’s education and evangelism of our TV ad solution
- Work closely with TTD agency & brand clients, and to the TV ecosystem at large, to support our growing sales teams with questions, proposals and presentations
- Establish & grow programmatic inventory access & prioritization with all TV partners across various points of distribution
- Provide oversight of all TV inventory to ensure successful operations & revenue growth
- Perform industry & trend research and analysis, and identify unique partnership opportunities
- Coaching a small of TV Partnerships Managers; overseeing their day-to-day management, motivating the team by setting clear expectations, developing career path plans, providing constructive feedback, and maintaining a high level of performance from the team to develop the next generation of leaders.
- Develop educational content and lead trainings, demos & business reviews for internal TTD teams, partners and clients
- Facilitate and help to develop marketing initiatives within the TV space
- Work with partners to refine data integrations and establish standards for transaction
- Participate in contract negotiations with new TTD TV partnerships
- Work closely with Product and Leadership to develop and execute a long-term roadmap of TV-focused strategic initiatives
- Understand and communicate The Trade Desk’s value proposition and technology; evangelize The Trade Desk to partners
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Bachelors Degree
- 9+ years of experience in programmatic in sales/business development for DSPs, SSPs, data companies, ad networks, media companies or other related organizations.
- Experience and understanding of both digital advertising and TV advertising buying strongly preferred
- Expert understanding and vision around the evolving TV advertising landscape
- Comfortable collaborating across several different teams inside The Trade Desk including Sales, Account Management, Product, Marketing, Legal & Finance; strong teamwork is a must
- Strong management and leadership skills
- Self-starter able to tackle new partnerships or projects with little guidance and own a project from start to finish
- Experience in managing long term sales/partnership cycles with multiple stakeholders
- Quick learner able to rapidly grasp new technology and product changes and comfortable with complex thinking
- Strong quantitative skills and negotiation abilities
- Proven communication, questioning, and listening skills in formal and informal settings
The Trade Desk will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Ordinance No. 184652
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.