Team and Role Overview
At Relativity, we create the platform to build the future of humanity in space. Leveraging 3D printing, we revolutionize the way rockets are built and flown. We are looking for a Purchasing / Planning leader to join our growing team at our headquarters in Los Angeles. As Senior Buyer at Relativity, you will enable all teams at Relativity to source products and services in the most cost-effective, time-sensitive, and quality-assured way. You build the critical link between key company milestones and Relativity’s supply chain strategy. You establish yourself as a highly trusted market expert and a resource for internal teams to determine the most effective sourcing channel and subsequent supply chain processes. You build relationships with suppliers that elevate Relativity’s capabilities in the short and long term, and implement standardized supplier performance management. You will report to the VP of Operations.
The Mission/Outcomes and Objectives
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies
- 3-5 years of experience in procurement/supply chain in a startup or other dynamic, high-growth company environment
- BSc/BA in business, operations, engineering or relevant field; MSc/MA will be a plus
- Experience in scaling processes and procurement tools to ensure standardized, low-overhead implementation of sourcing practices across departments
- Expertise in demand analysis, supplier sourcing, negotiations, and supplier performance management
- Experience in purchasing 3D printed and machined components, and metallic raw materials will be a plus
- Outstanding customer orientation to provide partnership to technical teams, and support throughout all sourcing challenges and needs.
- Excellent supplier relationship building and relationship management
- Sound understanding of technical operations
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills - including the ability to communicate with people in multiple locations in a high-touch personalized manner
- Always an enthusiastic team player with a strong drive to create a positive work environment
- Comfortable with high-volume workload and self-driven prioritization
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a United States Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.