Sales Development Representative
Bambee is an early-stage, venture-backed startup creating a new way to provide best-in-class Human Resources to small businesses all over the U.S. Bambee likes to hire go-getters - past and future entrepreneurs who view their departments like small companies. As a member of the Bambee team, you must have an insatiable drive for results. Solving customers’ problems should excite you. Data should guide you. Results should inspire you. You use analytical thought to make programmatic decisions and logic-based choices, ultimately delivering value for Bambee’s customers and Bambee as a business overall.
Bambee’s goal to offer Human Resources for $99/month has never been done. The team that will accomplish this is a team full of drivers. What are you? If you’re a passenger, thanks for reading. If you’re a driver, join us.
We are building an HR platform to be used by thousands of small businesses. This position will be a foundational position for the Sales Team at Bambee. We are looking for highly-motivated individuals to help continue growing our client base and bridge the efforts between our Marketing and Sales teams. You will speak with top-level decision makers and cultivate and maintain long-term relationships with companies from 2 - 100 employees, in all 50 states, across multiple industries. If you are eager to take your sales experience to the next level, and are willing to learn and work in a fast-paced, demanding, high-growth environment, this is your calling.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prospect, identify, and qualify new sales opportunities
- Set appointments with account executives for further development and closure of leads
- Contact potential clients through cold calls and emails
- Nurture accounts through email, calling, social media and other channels
- Monitor and respond to incoming online inquiries in real-time
- Identify client needs and suggest appropriate products/services to potential clients
- Track data and report on weekly/monthly/quarterly sales results
- Work with sales team to identify target accounts and create an effective account plan for each
- Uncover customer needs and align to company solutions
- Effectively leverage internal resources to move appointments forward
- Proactively seek new business opportunities in the market
- Stay up-to-date with new products/services and new pricing/payment plans
- Remain knowledgeable on product and industry trends and updates
- Track and maintain all data within CRM system
- Excels in fast-paced environment
- Proactive and confident when reaching out to prospects
- Organized with a sense of sales urgency
- Confident communication
- Empathy to understand the clients’ pain points
- Attention to Detail
- Problem Solving Skills
- Customer Service
- Team Player
- Desire to work in startup environment
Required Education, Licenses, Certifications, and Experience
- 1 - 3 years of work experience as a Sales Development Representative, or similar role, preferably in SAAS / Subscription Businesses
- Previous experience developing leads from marketing campaigns and meeting prospect-sales calls conversion quotas
- Hands-on experience with multiple sales techniques (including cold calls)
- Track record-keeping of achieving sales quotas
- Technologically savvy, with experience with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems
- Familiarity with MS Excel (analyzing spreadsheets and charts),Microsoft Office Suite, and Google Office Suite
- Understanding of sales performance metrics
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, we comply with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
We expressly prohibit any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of our employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
What’s In It For You
- Medical benefits
- Unlimited Time Off policy
- $500 towards travel each year
- Gym membership and health equipment reimbursement
- Cell phone allowance
- Work with a close-knit team
- Frequent company socials
Bambee is an affordable on-demand human resource product for small business. Less than 5% of small to medium sized businesses have full time HR or legal departments. This often means they aren't compliant with federal state, state and local law. It also makes human resources related topics like employee terminations, hiring agreements, wage & hour compliance, corrective action, and managing department of labor claims, more stressful than they need to be.
Small businesses can't afford an entire human resource department. But now they can for only $99/mo. Bambee is an on-demand HR service for small to mid-sized businesses, all for less than the price of a cell phone bill.
Bambee is early-stage and venture-backed. Early stage and venture-backed, Bambee was founded in 2016 by Allan Jones (2x-entrepreneur & ex-CMO of ZipRecruiter, and Head of Product at Docstoc [acquired by Intuit]), who has a proven track record in developing successful product and marketing strategies for small businesses/HR. Our team is close-knit, passionate, easy-going, comedic, and lighting-fast.