Media Sales Executive
As an individual contributor based in Los Angeles, you will be responsible for closing new business with Direct and Agency Advertisers. The primary responsibility of this role will be to establish and maintain relationships with media agencies and advertisers, with a secondary focus on programmatic buyers and trading desks. Candidate must have a deep understanding and network within the world of digital media.
- Generate and develop partnerships with advertisers, agencies, & trading desks to drive revenue/sales for Grindr through direct and programmatic solutions.
- Proactively prospect, qualify, grow and maintain an account list
- Remain current on industry trends including: rates, ad products, and success metrics
- Quickly develop a deep understanding of Grindr’s community and culture in order to consultatively communicate our value proposition effectively with brands – mapping our solutions to client’s objectives
- Identify client business needs and proactively develop customized marketing solutions to meet client objectives
- Work cross functionally with Programmatic Sales team and Ad Operations to develop Direct, PMP and programmatic sales strategies
- Serve as an industry expert in direct and programmatic mobile advertising for sales and advertiser/agency partners
- Participate on sales calls to help streamline the sales approach and insure the available tools and platforms are being discussed and utilized
- Develop case studies of successful campaigns in order to share insights with customers
- Ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of experience in mobile and online media sales
- A demonstrated track record of brand and agency sales in which you have consistently exceeded sales targets and maintained client relationships
- Existing knowledge of DSP space, ad serving, data exchanges or cross-device performance advertising is preferred
- Strong consultative sales, relationship building, and customer services skills
- Driven, self-motivated and goal-oriented
- Proficient using: Salesforce, Google business suite, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- BA in Marketing, Communications, Media, Advertising, or other related fields strongly preferred
Why Work at Grindr?
Since 2009, Grindr has built the world’s largest social network for gay, bi, trans, and queer people. Now more than just an app, we’re a family of lifestyle brands with the shared mission to connect LGBTQ people with the world around them:
- Grindr – The location-based social app that started it all. Over 3 million people use Grindr daily, from every country on the planet.
- INTO – A video content platform dedicated to queer perspectives: news, culture, social, commentary, and more.
- Grindr for Equality (G4E) – Our social mission to promote justice, health, and safety for LGBTQ individuals around the globe.
- Gaymoji – A one-of-a-kind collection of over 500+ stickers available on iOS, Android, and in the Grindr app.
Behind the brands, Grindr is an inclusive and passionate family of thinkers, innovators, leaders, and most importantly, doers. We’re fueled by endless curiosity, constant collaboration, and a knack for crossing every finish line – all within an agile growth environment. We also enjoy tons of perks, great social events, and stunning views from our HQ in West Hollywood.
Benefits & Perks
- 100% covered medical, dental and vision insurance
- Generous Parental Leave
- Flexible Time Off Policy
- Competitive Salaries
- 401(k)- Matching
- Catered daily lunch
- Stocked kitchen
- Free on-site parking
- Casual dress environment
Grindr is an equal opportunity employer
*Recruiting firms that submit resumes to Grindr without first entering into a written contract will not be entitled to any compensation on candidates referred by that firm.