Inside Sales Rep
Greater LA Area
NEXT Trucking is a venture-backed company boldly taking on the challenge of digitizing the $800B freight trucking industry. Our technology is transforming the way shippers and truckers engage and communicate by creating a platform where shippers can instantly find truckers with capacity and have real time tracking updates and transparency with the movement of their freight throughout the entire shipping process.
NEXT was founded by Lidia Yan and Elton Chung with over 20+ years of experience in logistics and technology. We have raised a total of $125M from investors like Sequoia and Brookfield. We have assembled a team with experience from companies such as Airbnb, Amazon, Apple, CH Robinson, Google, Salesforce, Snap, and Uber. Come join us as we innovate the transportation industry.
About The Role:
As our Inside Sales Rep, you will make outbound calls to potential carriers who can help our shippers move freight across the US where efficiency, transparency, and customer satisfaction is our motivation. You will qualify prospective carriers by asking questions, understanding their business strategy and capacity. You will also educate them on NEXT’s tech platform to determine if this is a good match for our services. This will be a mix of high volume phone calls and outbound email communication so delivering a positive experience is critical for our future carriers. This position will report to the Head of Carrier Sales.
What You’ll Do
- Meet (or exceed) monthly targets in signing-up qualified carriers and making sure they successfully start hauling freight
- Maintain active communication with carriers by sending timely targeted materials to nurture the relationships and move them forward
- High number of daily outbound calls, texts, and emails to acquire new carriers
- Drive awareness into existing lead prospect base through ongoing nurture via email and call campaigns
- Ability to understand complex business environments and uncover business challenges
- Record prospect information in CRM database
- Make cold calls using our script within the first week on the job
- Sign up carriers the first week on the job
- Achieve 70% of fully ramped quota in your first 45 days, achieving 100% of quota within the first 90 days
What You’ll Need (basics)
- 1+ years in sales, sales development, or related field
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Tech savvy
- Motivated by individual and team achievement
- Highly organized with ability to work in fast-paced environment
- A top performer in whatever you set your mind to
- Someone who's quick at picking up new concepts
- Someone who’s coachable, hungry to learn, and receives feedback well
- Has a positive mental attitude and seriously high standards
- Has experiences in crushing quotas (if applicable) or other areas of life
What You'll Receive
- Competitive Salary + Comission
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401k w/company match
- Vacation and holidays
- Fun perks: open office, dog-friendly, unlimited snacks, and monthly catered lunches!
- Our growth and success in 2019 will be directly related to building our carrier base and marketplace and you would be a part of that success!
- Join a rapidly growing technology company disrupting the trucking industry
NEXT is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing [email protected].
To all recruitment agencies: NEXT does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, NEXT employees or any other organization location. NEXT is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Read Full Job Description