Greater LA Area
Build the Next Disruptive Startup in B2B Logistics
BCG Digital Ventures is an ever-growing global team of entrepreneurs, designers, engineers, venture architects, product experts and investors. We invent, build and invest in startups with the world’s most influential companies. The business ventures we create build strategic advantages for some of the most important global companies and help them own the next horizon of innovation.
ABOUT THE VENTURE:
We are getting ready to launch and scale a logistics marketplace startup that could transform the experience around outsourced fulfillment. The vision is a technology platform that connects merchants seeking warehousing and fulfillment with 3PLs and warehouse operators whose capabilities match their needs. For merchants, we enable easy access to a turnkey nationwide fulfillment network of independent warehouses via a single portal that embeds inventory and order management. For 3PLs, we enable one-stop demand acquisition and no-integration customer onboarding via an intuitive, end-to-end, cloud-based warehouse management system. Standardized and simplified terms, operating procedures, and pricing replace long negotiations, complex set up processes, and lengthy contract commitments, enabling both merchants and 3PLs to quickly set up and flexibly scale on the platform. Ultimately, we help merchants deliver goods to their customers faster, and help 3PLs grow their customer base and monetize excess capacity.
Financially backed and operationally supported by one of world’s most recognized logistics companies and BCGDV, this startup is well positioned to disrupt the $275B US warehousing industry, infusing cutting edge technology into an industry primed for innovation.
We are looking for an exceptional Head of Merchant Sales and Marketing who is passionate about designing and building customer product experiences to join the executive leadership team, drive customer acquisition, and scale and grow the business from the ground up
· Develop and refine a robust go-to-market strategy targeted at acquiring SMB merchants
· Lead market research to understand evolving industry dynamic of similar online service providers
· Derive insights from analytics to help shape product direction and roadmap
Win in the Marketplace
· Maintain deep understanding of target SMB segments and associated behaviors, e.g. shipping fulfilment requirements, geographic coverage and merchant’s willingness to pay
· Create and implement attractive value propositions for customers and ensure service offering stay competitive and relevant to customer’s needs
· Continually monitor and refine pricing model and promotional strategy, striking the correct balance between customer acquisition and profitability
Execute with Excellence
· Strong negotiator with demonstrated track record of strong customer acquisition and high retention
· Ensure smooth customer onboarding process by providing ongoing feedback to product team to optimize merchant’s onboarding experience
· Effectively prioritize and make growth objectives
· Maximize customer sign up while minimizing cost of acquisition
· Formalize marketing strategy to drive business growth via various marketing channels
· Define, set & monitor operational KPIs of business development team
Build Great Talent & Teams
· Attract and retain world-class business development and marketing team
· Cultivate a high-performing, one-team culture on the business development and marketing team
Disrupt & Innovate
· Provide insights from customer feedback and analytics to help shape product direction and roadmap.
· Drive innovative network growth strategies & product discoverability
Mobilize Stakeholders, Inspire by Meaning & Purpose
· Communicate business development strategy and evolution to employees and shareholders.
· Be the voice of the company at industry events, such as startup conferences and e-commerce tradeshow
· Demonstrate genuine passion as an evangelist for our product and services both internally and externally.
Desired Expertise and Experience
· Required sales experience (10+ years)
· Proven track record of driving rapid growth through customer acquisition and retention
· Outstanding selling abilities and excellent interpersonal skills
· Prior working experience in start-up environment, ideally held a leadership position with P&L responsibility
· Entrepreneurial spirit and ability to adapt to changing priorities in fast paced environment
· Experience (3+ years) leading high-performing business development teams, preferably at a high growth tech company
· Relevant experience in building up partnership networks within a digital marketplace or e-commerce setting
· Optional: Logistics experience preferred
Read Full Job Description