Director of Sales, West Coast
Greater LA Area
About the Company
Gimbal helps brands and agencies perfect their marketing relevance for consumers with data. Gimbal leverages its location and advertising technology platforms to convert consumer data into actionable audiences for the purposes of mobile messaging and advertising. Gimbal is headquartered in Los Angeles with satellite offices in New York City, San Diego, San Francisco, Chicago, and Boston.
Gimbal formed when two independent companies merged in November 2016. The Mobile Majority was founded in 2012 to build a cohesive mobile advertising platform and has been recognized as the “Fastest Growing Technology Company in LA for 2016” and “Best Creative Technology” by the 4As. Gimbal, Inc. was spun out of Qualcomm in 2014 with an emphasis on its industry-leading beacon hardware and proximity management software.
Together, the company is the most comprehensive location-based software and hardware provider in the country, and we are looking to add a few acts to our all-star lineup.
Gimbal is led by a team of experienced serial entrepreneurs and media industry veterans - all with a shared passion for eliminating what clients have identified as the biggest issues in mobile today.
About the Job
The Director of Sales, West Coast role will be tasked with selling mobile location management and advertising solutions to the world’s largest brands and agencies in the Western U.S. Experience and agency/client relationships within key markets in the area are important to succeed in this role, as well as an express ability to demonstrate recent business successes in this territory. The right person for this role will have a strong Automotive background and an ability to show recent history of working with automotive in a programmatic/location/mobile capacity.
As a Director of Sales, West Coast at Gimbal, you will be a key member of a fast-paced and quickly growing sales team. Your focus, and that of your team, is the positioning, presentation, and execution of partnerships leveraging Gimbal’s unique location technology and media execution platform.
Who you are:
- A tenacious sales professional - you love the thrill of landing a new account or sale
- A well-connected social butterfly - the only thing that grows faster than your closed sales is your Rolodex - your relationships span beyond whatever company you are with or product you are selling
- A tech enthusiast - you know about the latest trends and technologies before they are even released into Beta, and spread the word of the next big thing to your network of friends and colleagues
- A mover and a shaker – you’re two steps ahead of the person who’s two steps ahead, and you’ve probably already started your 30-60-90 day sales-plan
What you will be doing:
- Leveraging your existing relationships with advertising agencies, brands, and clients to increase revenue through the presentation of Gimbal's services and suite of product offerings
- Partnering with the Sales Planning team to create proposals in response to RFPs
- Utilizing Gimbal's sales methodology from proposal to close
- Evangelizing Gimbal in market and actively sharing materials on thought-leadership
- Managing the pipeline of activity and provide regular status updates
- Monitoring clients’ campaign performance through a partnership with the Account Management Team
- Representing Gimbal’s value proposition within the advertising community
- Working with Sales Planner(s), Account Manager(s), Creative Lab, Marketing, Business Intelligence, and AdOps to develop market-leading proposals
- Being a role model and representative of Gimbal’s culture both internally and externally
What you have:
- Minimum of 3 years of digital and/or mobile sales experience
- Experience in building and growing relationships
- Strong agency relationships
- Thorough understanding of the digital media landscape
- Knowledge of data management solutions
- Proximity location mobile technology experience
- Consultative and value selling sales skills
- Brand Direct Enterprise sales experience
- C level sales experience
- Superior client facing presentation skills
- Motivated individual, with a positive attitude, who can consistently strive to exceed expectations
- A natural negotiator
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Attention to detail
- Use data to effectively tell a clear story
- Knowledge of Salesforce
It’s no secret that we work hard, but we also strive to create an office environment where the lines between work and play are blurred. This means we offer these great perks to help keep our team healthy, productive, and happy.
- Competitive compensation structures
- Full health, dental and vision coverage as well as life insurance and disability
- Unlimited paid time off - we trust your discretion
- Paid holidays
- Opportunities for profit sharing, bonuses, and ownership
- 401(k) plan plus company match
- A referral bonus program
- Subsidized gym membership and cell phone reimbursement
- Annual professional development stipend
Read Full Job Description