Director, Sales Development
This role requires a high-level of business acumen, team leadership skills, inside sales management experience and the ability to collaborate with peers across the organization. You’ll manage a dynamic, growing sales team that will continue to scale as we expand our lead volume through online marketing, targeting, referral and cross-sell channels. Your main objective will be to provide inspiration, coaching and strategic leadership to take the sales team’s performance to the next level while managing to change in a high-growth, dynamic environment.
- Deliver Results: Meet and exceed assigned monthly, quarterly and annual opportunity generation and productivity targets assigned
- Customer Experience: Ensure consistent delivery of ‘Amazing Service’. It starts with the initial contact with ringDNA. Impart accurate information within team, endsure setting of realistic customer expectations and take responsibility for quick and effective handoffs with other RingDNA teams (On-boarding, Support)
- Staffing: Accepts responsibility for the monthly productivity of the sales headcount assigned. In the event of turnover, managers understands that replacement personnel must already be hired, trained and ready to perform
- Team Development: Monitor and track Sales Representatives individual performance, strengths and weaknesses, and be able to clearly communicate evaluations and execute developmental steps (Performance Improvement Plans). Coach, develop, and mentor Sales Representatives to drive continuous improvement in sales skills and product knowledge
- Manage Activities: Ensure activity standards are being delivered per representative. Demonstrate clear ability to correlate activity standards with Business Results. Ensure use of Salesforce.com and accuracy of metrics
- Role Model and Coach: Sales Manager must be the most effective and skilled sales resource on the team. Ability to teach sales skills and track record of exceeding annual sales objectives are fundamental requirements
- Collaboration: Work with other ringDNA business functions to improve ability to improve return on marketing spend, evaluate the effectiveness of the marketing spend, ensure effective customer handoffs to Support and improve the effectiveness of cross-functional processes
- Training: Work with ringDNA Sales Operations to identify, prepare and execute incremental sales skills or product training in order to improve close ratios and increase productivity
- Reporting: Verify daily results, productivity measures, and assist with commission tracking
- Process Improvement: Interface with various groups with ringDNA to help improve the overall sales process as well as drive the strategic initiatives of the Sales group
- Communication: Meets with each sales representative individually for at least 1 hour monthly to review previous month’s results, lessons learned and areas for improvement. Uses this opportunity to coach sales representative to increase results for next 30 days. Executes team meeting weekly
- Recognition & Reward: Candidate expected to understand the motivations and goals of each sales representative assigned. Manager demonstrates understanding of how to motivate employees for their reasons and understanding of how to manage a recognition and reward program for their team
- Performance Management: Coach lowest performers for improvement and replace those that do not respond.
- Directly Involved: Recognizes that leadership is through doing. Spends majority of time on calls with Sales Representatives identifying areas of opportunity and coaching
- Spirit of Intent: Understanding of the essential role of Management is to deliver business results through people. Candidates must understand that the Sales Development team is their customer and their responsibility. Manager understands the responsibility of knowing and demonstrating the key values of ringDNA in everything that he/she does
Who You Are
- 2+ years of high performance Inside Sales Management experience in a SaaS, Cloud, or Telecommunications environment
- 2+ years of high performance Inside Sales individual contributor performance in a SaaS, Cloud or Telecommunications environment
- Proven track record of achieving measurable business results goals in a high transaction Sales environment. Must demonstrate history of quantifiable success
- Experience in a fast-paced, high growth business environment
- Proficient in Salesforce.com and related Sales Development tech stack
- Sales team hours can start as early as 6AM for the East Coast and as late as 9AM for the West Coast. Manager may be required to be “on call” from time to time before or after Manager’s core hours to assist their teams.
Who We Are
RingDNA is the leading end-to-end sales engagement platform that combines enterprise-grade telephony with conversation intelligence. RingDNA helps teams engage with prospects and customers in the right way, at the right time, with the right context. Sales, support, and customer success teams use ringDNA to dramatically increase productivity, engage in smarter conversations, gain predictive insights, and coach reps to success faster than ever before. RingDNA was named to the “Hot 100” best privately held software companies by JMP Securities. The company was also named “One of The Best Privately Owned Companies in America” by Entrepreneur magazine.