Director, Sales Compensation
As Procore's Director of Sales Compensation, you'll lead and manage a team of commission analysts within the Finance team and own the variable compensation operations, both domestically and internationally. In this role, you'll collaborate with department leaders across the company including Sales, Marketing, Customer Success, Finance, People, and Data to facilitate an organization of continuous process improvement and innovation. This role’s primary goal is to ensure that the sales team are paid accurately and on time. This role is also responsible for understanding the commission forecast, as well as helping to model and forecast the commission expense.
As a successful Director of Sales Compensation, you have strong analytical, management, team building, cross-functional collaboration and organization skills. You are a self-starter who enjoys working in a fast-paced, and innovative high-growth environment. You will establish best practices, as well as drive on-going process refinement to improve the efficiency and accuracy of sales commissions calculations and reporting. In addition, you will help support the design of our sales incentives, perform quota attainment reporting and forecasting, and help analyze relevant field performance measures. This role will report directly to the VP of Finance.
What you'll do:
- Compensation Administration: Oversee administration of commission calculations on a monthly basis making sure that all commissions are paid accurately and timely.
- System Implementation: Ensure successful implementation of the ICM software and oversee ongoing maintenance and fine tuning to provide Sales team with maximum visibility into their compensation plans.
- Incentive Analytics: Own all monthly quota attainment related critical metrics (e.g. quota attainment distribution / histogram, rep productivity, stack ranks, earnings attainment, etc.)
- Presentations / Rep Performance Reviews: Compile and present quarterly attainment and productivity reviews to the Sales and Finance leadership team.
- Implement Early Warning Systems: Actively track performance against forecasts and identifying areas for improvement (i.e. pipeline needs, conversion rates, renewal rates, etc). Provide recommendations, as needed, for mid period incentives based on actual / forecasted results.
- Incentive Design: Provide recommendations that improve the structure and components of compensation plans. Perform look back analyses to assess the effectiveness of our compensation plans.
- Leadership: Provide leadership and mentorship to the commissions team. Role model cross-functional collaboration between Sales, CS, Finance and People organizations.
What we're looking for:
- B.A. or B.S. degree at a 4 year accredited program. MBA a strong plus.
- 5+ years of work experience in Sales Compensation Administration, Sales Operations, Compensation Design, Compensation related Analytics, or similar field in SaaS organizations.
- Experience with the incentive compensation management platform (i.e. Anaplan, Xactly).
- Power user proficiency with the MS Office suite (especially MS Excel and MS PowerPoint).
- Demonstrated ability to structure complex problems, develop solutions, and craft recommendations and results into easily digestible messages, communications, and executive presentations.
- Highly collaborative style with ability to influence and to adjust on the fly to new demands with a sense of urgency.
- Able to multitask and manage team to deliver results in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines while maintaining accuracy.
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide. To learn more about our team, click here.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation, stock options, employee enrichment and development programs, and friends & family events