Director of Business Development
Greater LA Area
About the Team:
At ChowNow we are driven by one purpose: to provide restaurants with the tools needed to compete in an increasingly technical world. Our products help restaurants get online quickly and easily so they can maintain direct relationships with their customers. As the world evolves and new technology platforms emerge, we will be there to help our restaurant clients stay up to speed online.
We’ve been named a Best Place to Work, have been certified as a Great Place to Work, and have a whole bunch of happy employees on Glassdoor!
About the Position:
As our Director of Business Development, you will own the strategy and execution for key partnerships and drive the vision for new revenue opportunities for ChowNow.
This role is based in Los Angeles and reports to CEO. Travel to client locations in support of the sales process as necessary (25% - 40% travel).
Specifically you will:
- Identify, structure, negotiate, and execute strategic partnerships with a wide array of partners across industry verticals.
- Be involved with setting strategy and vision for new areas of opportunity.
- Work closely with marketing, product, engineering, operations, and business teams to identify impactful opportunities and drive partnerships to execution.
- Develop and manage new channels of revenue.
- Inherit and cultivate existing partnerships including Google, Apple, Facebook, Yelp, GoDaddy, Squarespace and others.
Within 1 Month, you’ll:
- Progress through our Ramp Camp (ChowNow’s New Hire Onboarding Experience).
- Work directly with the CEO to design the Partner strategy and define priorities.
- Analyze partner and industry metrics to identify trends and issues, and develop recommendations to help optimize results.
Within 3 Months, you’ll:
- Set-up and manage dashboards and KPIs to track the performance of partnerships and other initiatives.
- Provide ongoing review and analysis of existing partnerships to uphold and strengthen relationships as well as evaluate performance against KPIs and strategic fit.
Within 6 Months, you’ll:
- Have identified, negotiated, and executed your first strategic partnership.
- Exceed partner targets each quarter.
- Maintain consistent communications with existing partners to ensure partnership satisfaction.
You should apply If:
- You have 5+ years of relevant business development at a SaaS company.
- You have extensive experience in reviewing and confidently negotiating deals.
- You have the ability to formulate a partnership vision, strategy, and execution plan.
- You have a track record of meeting and exceeding measurable objectives.
- You have outstanding leadership and communication skills that enable the building of relationships with people across all levels and organizations, internally and externally.
- You have the proven ability to think and act both strategically and tactically.
About Our Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Ongoing training and growth opportunities
- A "best place to work" winner multiple times where we focus on creating a great employee experience
- Rock solid medical, dental, and vision plans
- Competitive Vacation Policy; paid holidays; we expect you to work hard, but still enjoy your personal life
- 6 weeks of baby bonding time for all new parents (within the first year of birth or adoption), 6 Weeks of Paid Pregnancy Leave
- Employer contributing student loan assistance program
- Commuter benefits (including Uber Pool)
- Employee Stock Incentive Plan
- Quarterly Industry Speakers Series
- Quarterly Tech Events (Women, LGBTQ, Diversity, Inclusion)
- Consistent & fair leadership: we’ll share info, set clear goals, show you respect, and treat everyone fairly
- Enough freedom to spread your wings while still holding you accountable
- Fully stocked kitchen and cold brew on tap
ChowNow is committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. ChowNow will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
Read Full Job Description