About Spring Labs:
We’re reinventing the model for data ownership and changing how information is exchanged by creating the Spring Protocol — a blockchain-based protocol that enables competitively-sensitive parties to exchange information directly, and in a fundamentally new way.
We’re a Series A company who has raised more than $38m in funding from some of the top VCs in the world, including August Capital, General Motors Ventures, RRE, Pritzker Group, Jump Capital, Galaxy Digital, Multicoin Capital, and Wavemaker Genesis.
The first use cases for the Spring Protocol are focused on building a more secure and cost-effective financial services solution for credit and identity data, effectively disrupting the existing bureau system used today. To date, we’ve signed partnerships with more than 25 of the world’s leading fintechs and financial institutions. (You can read more about these partnerships by clicking here and here.)
We're a rapidly growing team of 35 entrepreneurs from backgrounds such as Snap, Google, Microsoft, Apple, Goldman Sachs, the NSA, Avant, Harvard, Deloitte, HSBC, and more, and if you're someone who wants to work at the bleeding edge of nascent technology, push yourself and collaborate with a resourceful and highly-motivated team, and strive to build a more secure, open, and transparent world of data sharing, then we would love to hear from you!
About the Director, Business Development (Technical) Role:
We're seeking an entrepreneurial-minded Director, Business Development to support our business teams here in the US and abroad. This role will require technical and analytical thinking while being client facing. You will have the opportunity to work with leading firms within the financial services sector, driving business development efforts for the next big financial services technology platform. As a sales leader within Spring Labs, you will be responsible for developing and supporting business development efforts that will maximize growth in both new business and with existing customers.
- Identify and qualify business opportunities, understand key customer technical objections, and develop the strategy to resolve technical blockers
- Work with customers to demonstrate and prototype the Spring Protocol in customer/partner environments
- Recommend integration strategies, enterprise architectures, platforms and application infrastructure required to successfully implement a complete solution using the Spring Protocol
- Travel to customer sites, conferences, and other related events as needed
- Map customer requirements to current and future offerings
- Educate prospects on the business value of our offerings
- Focus on customer satisfaction and success
- 8-10+ yrs of enterprise pre-sales and sales experience
- Hands-on, technical, problem solver
- Experience with public speaking and giving pitches
- Demonstrated experience gathering and understanding customer business requirements
- Knowledge of distributed systems
- Must be a deal hunter and closer with a demonstrated track record of success
- Ability to think strategically and act tactically to create opportunity momentum
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Structured and well organized; ability to prioritize and forecast accurately
- Socially mature and easy to communicate with, team player
- Strong presentation skills
Additional Qualifications (Preferred, Not Required)
- Extensive experience with Salesforce
- 3+ years working in a startup environment
- High emotional IQ
Equal Opportunity Statement:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.