Director, Business Development - Pharmacy
Inspire’s Business Development team is seeking a Director of Business Development who will be responsible for the initiation, development and closing of new retail partnerships. This individual will be responsible for building the strategic direction for the pharmacy retail channel driving customer acquisition in the form of efficient and profitable sales of Inspire clean energy products.
THE DIRECTOR, BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT - PHARMACY HAS 6 MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
- Business Development: Own the entire retail BD process and partner relationships. Responsible for gaining leadership buy-in, selling and negotiating partnerships.
- Account Management: Develop and refine sales strategies to support Inspire’s evolving initiatives and continue to uncover new opportunities with existing partners.
- Communications: Develop and deliver innovative sales presentations that educate prospective partners on Inspire’s value proposition, roadmap and partnership opportunities
- Network: Grow, maintain and leverage your network. Attend conferences, trade shows, industry event to build relationships, close deals and maintain expertise in the clean energy / retail / IoT industries. Establish yourself as an industry expert.
- Competition: Understand the competitive landscape for both Inspire as well as current partners and acquisition targets.
- Accountability: Create and maintain all customer information in Salesforce and maintain ownership of the BD pipeline
SOME EXPECTED 2019 DELIVERABLES
- Establish a 12 month pharmacy focused outreach plan, building awareness around Inspire and how we can provide both financial and sustainability benefits to the pharmacy channel
- Establish pharmacy focused go to market pitch, accounting for the unique attributes at pharmacy
- Establish, qualify & quantify our pharmacy pipeline based on our product and geographic coverage.
- Launch a pharmacy pilot in one of our markets by end of 2019
- Fierce - Competitor, with a challenger sales mentality
- Persistent - Confident, creative and patient in cultivating partnerships
- Integrity - Honest in regards to accountability and performance
- Storyteller - Ability to communicate complex concepts into an easily digestible form across all levels of the company
- Charismatic - All associated stakeholder love spending time with you
- Must Have
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or related field
- 8-10 years of B2B business development experience with demonstrated success in establishing shop in shop programs at grocery, pharmacy, big box retail.
- Brilliant communication skills, both written and oral, with the ability to communicate complex intangible product concepts.
- Ability to understand and manage technical details of various programs and explain key elements to prospects.
- Results driven with a challenger mindset
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Strong analytical and critical thinking with the ability to define KPIs for tracking, measuring success, and reporting to management.
- Well organized, with experience with Salesforce.
- Humility and positivity.
- Travel up to 30%.
- Nice to Have
- Experience with demand response, energy efficiency and distributed energy resources.
- Experience selling CE / CPG products.
- Comfortable performing against a variable compensation model.
Disrupting the one-size-fits-all utility model, Inspire’s groundbreaking smart home subscription seamlessly combines personalized clean energy plans with best-in-class smart devices. Using the Inspire app, members can self drive their smart homes from anywhere, and select automated settings to use less energy while earning rewards. Inspire strives to make every home a smart home, powered by clean energy. Inspire’s mission is to drive forward a brighter energy future by simplifying consumer adoption of clean energy and smart home technologies.
Through continual innovation and scaling of connected device interoperability; clean energy supply, generation and storage; and intelligent, decentralized grid services, Inspire is building the world’s first fully-integrated clean energy company.
Launched in January 2014, Inspire homes have used the clean power production equivalent of 121 wind turbines since inception. Driven by a team of mission-driven Avengers in Philadelphia and Santa Monica,, Inspire prides itself on a culture of ownership, teamwork and stalwart obsession with “crushing it!”
CULTURE & PERKS
- Inspire’s culture balances the serious nature and tone of a professional company with the move-fast-and-execute tone of a rapidly growing emerging tech company. We believe in working hard and producing, but doing it in a positive and friendly environment where collaboration is rampant. Inspire calls its employees Avengers. It’s a team out to even the score on behalf of the common man, to challenge the status quo and confront apathy and old-world bureaucracy.
- Every Avenger lives for the mission: To build the world’s most customer-focused clean power platform and inspire a connected moment towards a brighter energy future. Avengers are scrappy, restless, humble and committed to balancing passion with purpose and profit.
- Inspire offers competitive compensation and equity packages, plus benefits such as health, vision, life, and dental insurance - Not to mention, unlimited vacation, 401(k) plan, and LOTS of cupcakes!