We're looking for a remarkably driven Demand Associate for our LCL team to help us grow our services, challenge the status quo, and eventually change the way that clients think about shipping. Essentially a startup within Flexport, the LCL team has grown from 3 to 12 people in just 18 months, and that's just the start. Our goal is to reshape how Flexport's clients view their supply chains, and open their eyes to new, more efficient ways of shipping. Excited at the thought of getting in on the ground floor of our team and helping to grow LCL at Flexport to new heights? Then keep reading.
Local Hero Responsibilities
- You’ll be a subject matter expert for the LCL team. Know the ins and outs of our service offerings.
- You’ll be the point of escalation for all issues, requests, or questions for our team
- You’ll support and educate many teams on our services, including operations and sales/growth opportunities
- You’ll represent the LCL team as a SME in client facing calls or meetings.
- You’ll support our sales teams with how to best sell our services, by doing things like creating sales material and running training sessions
- You’ll handle demand forecasting and pricing for our services
- You’ll handle bids for very large high-profile accounts
You should have:
- BA/BS Degree
- 2 years of work experience post-grad, preferably in an operations or sales role
- It is crucial for your success to quickly develop an understanding of the intricacies of operations - and be able to take all of that information and turn it into a winning sales pitch
- Excellent communication, social, and interpersonal skills
- Comfortable pitching product / service offerings to internal teams and their clients on a regular basis
- The ability to work independently, prioritize your own workload while building lasting relationships with teams across offices
- The confidence to trust your gut, make judgement calls, and get excited by difficult problems
- The ability to understand your audience and adapt demand generating material to best sell our services
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.