Client Success Manager (Account Management)
The Client Success Manager will be responsible for leading client services and across the team’s Brand and Agency client base, and also for encouraging repeat sales and recurring revenue. Our clients are incredible brands like Bravo, Netflix, Goop, Drybar, and more. You are a tour de force when it comes to managing executive-level relationships and driving overall account satisfaction, growth, and retention. You aren’t shy to upsell a client and build a long-term relationship that helps the business generate revenue. You will be expected to be a leading expert in a product-focused company and fast-moving industry.
- Oversee 10-15 Brand/Agency client partner relationships, ensuring campaign success and progress.
- Work closely with Campaign Operations team to ensure the campaign is hitting goals and deadlines for the client - the Campaign Operations team actually runs the campaigns, and you'll be more focused on client services and devising opportunities for capturing repeat business.
- Create persuasive narratives using data to convince clients to increase their campaign size and frequency, working closely with members of the Sales and Campaign Strategy teams.
- Be well-versed in both our Managed Service and Self-Serve offerings, and be able to sell the right new products to your current clients. Communicate regularly with clients, building a strong partnership and understanding their needs as the partnership grows.
- Be an industry expert, constantly learning about ways to improve our client services and product offerings in the brand/ marketing/agency community.
- Represent the clients’ needs and goals to the internal team at Heartbeat, work with the Product team to share client needs and implement product solutions. Proactively assess, clarify, and validate partners’ expectations and new platform feature sets/reporting
- Be a creative problem solver - develop, test, and optimize new client retention strategies and new processes
- Drive thought leadership by creating and presenting case studies and articulating relevant data to clients and internal team members
- Provide weekly updates on client satisfaction, repeat business, and overall team goals and OKRs
- Collaborate with other Heartbeat departments to ensure best-in-class project execution and high client retention rate
- Evangelize Heartbeat’s unique vision and product offering within the LA tech community
- 4+ years experience working with advertising agencies in a client services/selling capacity OR experience on the brand/marketing team for a consumer brand
- Knowledge of the agency/brand marketing space - you know the difference between a media agency and a creative agency and can "talk the talk" of the digital marketing industry
- Obsessed with finding proactive ways to keep clients happy - attention to detail, time-sensitive attitude, creative problem solving, loves coming up with cool campaign ideas
- "People person" - you enjoy taking clients out for coffee or lunch, and truly building relationships with your clients
- Collaborative, but competitive seller mindset - while you won't be a new business seller, you aren't intimidated by sales, quotas, or individual goals, and you enjoy working with the sales team to close deals and help with pitch decks
- Strong in-person and phone speaking skills - articulate and well-spoken
- Strong understanding of business fundamentals - you understand why startups need to focus on revenue, margins, and other business metrics
- You're comfortable with change and evolution - you're genuinely excited about helping grow a company from 25 to 100 employees and understand the personal career growth potential that comes with it.
- BS/BA degree or higher
- Knowledge of Google Slides, Sheets - you feel comfortable building decks along with a designer or on your own
- You are eager to help build company culture, and you embody Heartbeat's values:
- Learning Mindset
- Initiative and Project Ownership: “Fill the Gap”
- Passionate hard work
- Thinking Completely
- Honesty and Transparency
- Grit and Resilience
- Pride In Our Work
For this role, you’ll have a $60-65k base with a huge upside from commissions. You’ll be eligible for bonuses and commissions that have unlimited potential for growth. Current CSM earnings range from $90k-$170k in yearly pay. A more sales-focused CSM can earn more.
You'll have unlimited vacation and sick days, health, dental, vision, monthly team outings, plenty of snacks daily, monthly facilitated team-building and learning sessions, and an office space that overlooks the Venice Beach boardwalk.
Before applying, please take a look at our website, heartbeat.com, and do some digging on the business. We're looking for someone who is hungry to take an already exciting startup to the next level, and to be a part of changing the way brands interact with their consumers.
If we decide you might be a fit, we'll invite you for a video interview, via Zoom meetings. These are quick 15-20 minute interviews to get to know you. If you advance to the next round, we like to conduct more structured, in-person interviews at our Venice office. We're looking forward to meeting you!
More About Heartbeat
Founded in 2016 and currently at 26 employees, Heartbeat is a venture-backed marketing tech startup that helps brands build communities of eager brand loyalists, activating everyday consumers to create trackable influencer-style marketing campaigns, answer survey questions, and engage with brand content. Our mission is to empower the voices of real people and break down the barrier between brands and their consumers using data and technology. With both full-service and self-serve options, Heartbeat can help consumer brands of all types and sizes achieve their marketing goals.