Carrier Sales Representative
Greater LA Area
We’re NEXT: a Sequoia-backed startup on a mission to build the country’s largest (and happiest) virtual fleet. Our mobile app powers the first trucker-centric marketplace with smart technology designed to make it easy for shippers to find capacity and for drivers to find loads; beyond long-haul trucking, we're also using technology to tackle supply chain challenges more broadly by innovating solutions for drayage and port operations. Since our founding in 2015, our 15K drivers have moved over $50 billion in cargo –and we’re just getting started.
If you are the humble, gritty, passionate, collaborative, entrepreneurial type who thrives in a fast-paced growing tech company, come join colleagues from Apple, Snap, Uber, and Amazon as we revolutionize the $800 billion trucking industry. We have big ambitions and are looking for people who want to help us take logistics to the NEXT level!
As a Carrier Sales Rep, you will work with our existing network of carriers, as well as establish new ones. You will work with our carriers to expand service and capacity opportunities to achieve sales goals. As you advance your skill set and become successful as a Sales Carrier, there will be opportunity to take your career to the next level!
What You’ll Do:
- Communicate with both current and prospective carriers though various communication tools such email, phone, text, HubSpot and others.
- Successfully build carrier base for our marketplace and meet growth goals for new carrier acquisition.
- Onboard carriers that will use our technology and align their capacity and resources with our business.
- Meet with our Carriers when needed at either NEXT or a location of their choice.
- Qualify carriers to make sure they fit our business profile.
- Become a well-respected resource within NEXT Trucking and a leader in Carrier Sales by demonstrating the ability to build relationships with both our internal teams and potential carriers.
- Understand and communicate the value of our technology and how it can add value to a carrier’s business.
- Create compelling value propositions for carriers to reach their goals - such as, adding more trucks & drivers, improving efficiencies, increasing gross revenue and margins while decreasing costs.
What You’ll Need:
- Sales experience with a history of exceeding quantifiable goals/quotas.
- Track record of building long-term relationships built on mutual respect and trust.
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems under pressure.
- Self-starting personality where you can work in an environment with little supervision.
- Ability to collaborate and work with individuals of diverse backgrounds in education and business.
- Analytical and critical thinking ability.
- Strong communication skills and must be able to present well in-person, over the phone or via email.
- Highly organized and compliant with using sales tools (Salesforce) to monitor and drive success.
- Ability to create value for their organization as well as for business partners.
- Technically savvy to understand the NEXT app and be able to demo to carriers.
- Creative, ability to understand value in different approaches to building relationships
What You'll Receive:
- An opportunity to join a company that is disrupting an old school industry and continuing to make it successful.
- Our growth and success in 2019 will be directly related to building our carrier base and marketplace and you would be a part of that success!
- The ability to be an instrumental element to growing and scaling NEXT.
- Career growth!
What We Offer:
- Competitive base salary and commission
- Full medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401k w/ company match
- Casual work environment
- Vacation and Holidays
- Dog friendly office
- “Remote friendly”
- Flex Hours (we know SoCal traffic)
Read Full Job Description