Business Development Specialist
Who Are We:
When you leave work, do you miss it? Do you wish you were moving your work forward because you knew it would move your entire industry forward, we do.
The people here at Puffco don’t just create products — we create behavior-changing experiences for a community in the millions, with more added every day. The mentality that drives the leadership at Puffco is based on passion and obsession, never by obligation. The excitement of a new idea turning into a tangible product that changes people’s lives is a rare gift, that we cherish daily.
Puffco has already produced the most awarded devices ever in our space, but for us, this is just the beginning. What we’ve created is truly special, and we’re looking for special people to help shape the future of our industry. Join Puffco and you join a family, and a community that you can directly impact. The possibilities are limitless, and the results depend on how deep you care to dive in.
What We’ve Achieved This Year:
- Listed by MG Magazine as one of the 50 best companies to work for.
- Nominated for Engadget’s “Best Of CES”
- Featured on Vice, Netflix, HBO, and were one of the only products ever to be featured on the Cover of High Times magazine.
- Written about in Forbes, Rolling Stone, Billboard Magazine, and other publications now just tuning into the work we’ve been putting in when no one was paying attention.
- Grew 5x in revenue and 3x in scale, and we have no plans of slowing.
- Released the first-ever smart rig, the Puffco Peak, a milestone in consumer electronics, creating an unrivaled consumer experience and massive appeal.
- Brought together the worlds of art and technology with the Puffco Glass Open. It stimulated the billion-dollar glass art industry, providing jobs and creating an impact far beyond what most consumer products can achieve.
- Vastly expanded our distribution to more than 51 different countries, leaving a global impression.
Who Are You:
We are looking for exceptional employees who are innovative forward thinkers, who are resourceful, motivated, and passionately committed to their trade. Are you a driven self-starter with top-notch organizational and detail-oriented skill set who thrives in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment? We here at Puffco possess these qualities and if you do too, then please read on!
What’s The Role About:
Puffco is currently seeking an articulate, enthusiastic, self-motivated, driven, and ambitious Business Development Specialist who is committed to prospecting and developing new business & maintaining current relationships, with the overall goal of obtaining new referrals.
You will utilize your extraordinary communication skills and passion for problem-solving to connect with potential leads by phone or email while establishing trust and strong rapport. Our Business Development Specialist will serve as our primary liaison for new business and play an instrumental support role to our sales and customer service team. You will be responsible for prospecting new business in your territory, developing a pipeline of new accounts for our growing business, and handling business and confidential situations in a discrete and mature manner.
Some things you will be responsible for:
- Conduct outbound prospecting and lead generation via market research with the goal of building relationships and setting meetings with potential Puffco customers.
- Present our company and products to potential clients.
- Demonstrate resourcefulness in connecting with new customers and showing diligence with follow up communications to ensure a close.
- Coordinate demos/meetings between Prospects and assigned Brand Ambassador.
- Manage scheduling meetings and appointments with Brand Ambassadors.
- Identify opportunities and offer solutions specific to each customer which will meet recognized needs while maximizing dollars and efficiency.
- Communicate with Head of Sales on new leads, strategy, and all business development phases.
- Research target markets/potential leads, develop plan-of-action, and execute plan.
- Travel to meet prospects, initiate contact by phone and email.
- Identify client needs and suggest appropriate products/services.
- Customize product solutions to increase customer satisfaction.
- Proactively seek new business opportunities in the market.
- Maintain an organized system/procedure for tracking & following up with new & aged opportunities.
- Develop reports on business development growth/opportunities.
- Attend sponsored conferences & events, networking mixers, & prospect/client meetings.
- Participate in presentations and negotiations.
- Communicate with and support internal team in regard to new and/or referred cases.
- Stay abreast on industry/company services, products, and systems
Some qualifications and skills we need you to have:
- 2+ years' experience working in B2B sales
- Strong internal and client-facing communication skills
- Advanced troubleshooting and multi-tasking skills
- Experience working with ERP and/or CRM systems
- Experience using and multi-tasking within the Shopify platform
- Passion for customer success and value creation
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and function well under pressure and tight delivery timeframes
- Ability to function at a high level in either a team environment or independently
- Requires a high degree of tact, initiative, accuracy, judgment and superior interpersonal skills
- A polished individual who likes a challenge and can contribute their talents to our team environment
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Office Suite, and Outlook
Perks and Benefits:
- Competitive pay, 401K, Medical/Dental/ Vision/Life coverage, Flexible Time-Off
- Amazing pet-friendly office in LA Center Studios with a fun casual and comfortable work environment
- Snacks, lunches, retreats, and SO much more!
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Puffco strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Puffco’s recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Puffco may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
**Additional information about our company can be found at www.puffco.com.
Follow us on Instagram @Puffco