Business Development Manager
What we’re looking for . . .
At Versus, we enhance the game-playing experience. We are seeking a Business Development Associatewith 4-6 years of professional experience supporting external business relationships, reviewing and processing analytics, and with a demonstrated expertise navigating client communications, Excel, Photoshop and authoring high-quality presentations.
This position reports to our Head of Business Development, managing multiple projects including outreach to new partners, industry recon, and the servicing of current partners. You will be the go-to for day-to-day operations with Business Development, which includes Sales, PR, Marketing, and supporting Accounts and Investor Relations.
You'll need to be flexible, creative, and thoughtful of internal and external relationships. We're a fast-growing team with a strong client service focus. Prior experience working in agile and highly-iterative roles in the game industry are a must. We value collaboration and creativity - every single engineer, product designer, and member of our team contributes to the roadmap of the company.
What you'll be doing . . .
- Participating in day-to-day activities related to full-cycle business development, including generating new accounts, managing active accounts, building presentations, conducting research, and compiling data
- Connecting the dots and constantly redefining our KPIs with analytics
- Maintain business development CRM software
- Communicate with the senior Versus management team
You will have . . .
- 4-6 years of professional experience supporting external business relationships
- Self-awareness and motivation: you power ahead to find accurate answers as efficiently as possible and are self-motivated without sacrificing meticulous attention to detail
- Confidence communicating within the department and with management, engineering and/or product teams to ensure what is required is heard and understood
- Balanced approach with respect for your stakeholders, and with respect for partners’ players and brands’ objectives with their consumers
- Global comprehension of the gaming industry: you understand the major platforms, companies, trends and both established and new IPs/brands in the space
- Understanding of enthusiast and mainstream player bases: you understand that our partners’ come first and their players are our core customers, both core and casual alike
- Excellent communication skills: you can effortlessly translate technical jargon into clear, concise information for the team to understand
- We’re looking for someone with a Bachelor’s Degree or higher
We’d love to see . . .
- Someone excited to see how far they can make this role grow; we’re doing big things and would love for you to play a big part in what helps us realize our goals
- Candidates with a deep focus on customer success
About us . . .
At Versus our mission is to make games more fun - not once, but over and over. We value diversity & inclusion, empathy for our colleagues and our partners, and curiosity to explore and learn new things.
We offer competitive salaries, equity packages, medical, dental, vision, 401(K) matching, flexible hours, paid maternity and paternity leave, and paid vacation time that we encourage you to actually take.
We drive engagement and create long-term value for employees, partners, players, our communities, and our shareholders.
- Competitive compensation and equity packages
- Healthcare and benefits
- Unlimited paid vacation
- Flexible work day schedule
- Matched 401(K)