Business Development Manager, Flexport Capital
Flexport is on a mission to fix the user experience in global trade. We are the first licensed freight forwarder and customs brokerage built around a modern tech stack. We help the world's fastest growing brands manage their international supply chains, providing a fully-managed service for moving products between any two places on the planet.
Started in 2013, we've raised $204M from investors that include Peter Thiel’s Founders Fund, Google Ventures, First Round Capital, Bloomberg Beta, Y Combinator, & more.
We’re growing rapidly and expanding the capabilities of our platform to offer trade finance solutions to our customers. Our customers ship over $4 billion in goods with Flexport and require significant working capital to run their businesses. We are looking for driven, intellectually curious, financially literate, and sales minded Business Development Manager to help us grow and introduce the world to Flexport Capital. As one of the first sales professionals on the team you’ll have a greenfield opportunity, with uncapped commission, to help launch a new line of business, build a world class sales organization, and make an impact on a $2 trillion market.
What you’ll do
- Proactively consult with clients to understand their working capital needs, supply chains, and distribution strategy
- Communicate the value of Flexport Capital through remote and in person meetings with client executives
- Develop and execute a plan to build pipeline from new and existing customers in your territory
- Qualify opportunities, manage your pipeline through our sales process, and maintain an accurate forecast
- Negotiate and close new trade finance accounts for approved businesses
- Collaborate with Flexport’s client operations teams to identify upsell opportunities, source pipeline, and develop strategic account plans
What you’ll need
- 5 years of experience in a customer facing sales role at a financial services firm, fintech startup, or high growth enterprise software company. Minimum 2 years in a closing, quota carrying role
- Genuine passion for both helping small businesses grow and financial services
- Competitive and creative drive to win over customers and think outside the box to get a deal done
- Demonstrated ability to run a sales meeting and structured sales process
- Proven success building and maintaining long term commercial relationships
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, experience presenting to C-level executives
- Familiarity with financial statements and small business working capital needs
- BA/BS required. MBA or undergraduate degree in Accounting, Business, Economics, or Finance strongly preferred