About the Opportunity:
ReachLocal, a leader in powering online marketing for local businesses and a part of the USA TODAY NETWORK, is seeking a Business Development Director (BDD) to work directly under the Vice President of Partner Channels to actively identify and engage third parties, agencies and media companies to participate in ReachLocal’s partner programs.
The BDD will drive strategic partner acquisition strategies by identifying and cultivating relationships with C-level executives in the marketing, advertising, media and vertical services space. The BDD will work in partnership with cross-functional teams including sales, marketing, training, product, & service organizations to propose appropriate offerings that parallel the needs and changes within the partner's company. The BDD will be responsible for contract negotiations, partnership operational structure and leveraging resources to enable revenue growth from strategic partnerships. Product integration includes software, digital media, technical conversion tools and technical services.
This individual will have a rare career opportunity to develop a deep understanding of our products, technology, customers, and competitors in order to empower companies with the tools and resources to manage their clients’ marketing efforts quickly and effectively.
- Strategic Agility/Business Acumen
- Knowledge of market and competitive landscape
- Knowledge of business levers
- Described as intellectually sharp, competent and agile
- Sales Professional
- Positively represents ReachLocal through expert knowledge and professional presence
- Adheres to sales practice, process and discipline
- Personal Attributes
- Winning attitude
- Embraces change
- Highly effective problem solver
About Your Responsibilities:
- Identify and qualify third parties for our Affiliate and Partner programs
- Conduct effective in person sales meetings with identified prospects
- Propose ideal service and support models via in-depth assessments
- Effectively negotiate contract terms
- Ensure proper expectations are set at the time of contract signing
- Play an active role in onboarding of partner to ReachLocal’s processes and systems
- Effectively facilitate handoff to assigned Partner Development Executive
- Work in conjunction with Local Sales and Strategic Partnership initiatives and programs
- Oversee local affiliate program within designated market
- Meet sales activity requirements and revenue targets
- Participate in Affiliate and Partner reviews on an ongoing basis
- 10-20% travel required
- Minimum 3-5 years of sales experience
- Experience selling and supporting products and services to advertising agencies
- Local market mastery
- Proven track record of performance results
- Experience working with digital media and SaaS solutions
- Strong consultative sales approach and developed process
- Strong organizational and strategic planning skills
- Capable of developing quick relationships in both a virtual and face to face setting
- Highly effective presentation skills
- Proven ability to navigate and shorten complex and long sales cycles
Are you looking for a company that values innovation, passion, and a healthy work/life balance? A job where you feel supported and appreciated? At ReachLocal, we know our employees drive success, and we strive to create a thriving company culture where you’ll enjoy coming to work every day.
Here, you can walk through the halls and bump into our CEO, catch an inter-office ping pong tournament, or support a local cause with your fellow employees. Are you ready to join a company where you can have fun and work with some of brightest people in digital marketing?
Our mission is to help local businesses all over the world reach more local customers online. As a leader in powering online marketing for local businesses, ReachLocal has been recognized for outstanding products and exceptional employees, having won Google’s Quality Account Champion in North America and Google’s Innovation Champion Award in Canada. Our CEO, Sharon Rowlands, has won countless awards, most recently the Gold Stevie Award for Female Executive of the Year in the 13th Annual Stevie Awards for Women in Business.
ReachLocal is headquartered in Woodland Hills, CA, with over 60 locations throughout the United States, Canada, Germany, the Netherlands, Japan, Australia, and Brazil.
We invite you to learn more about us, connect with us, and grow with us here:
- Career Site: http://careers.reachlocal.com
- Blog: http://blog.reachlocal.com/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/reachlocal
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/reachlocaljobs
- Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/reachlocal
- Hear from our employees: http://blog.reachlocal.com/reachlocal-services-spotlight-meet-some-of-our-marketing-experts
ReachLocal is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for all job openings are welcome and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any other basis protected by state, federal or local law. It is the intent of the Company to comply with all applicable federal, state and local legislation concerning equal opportunity in employment.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities required of the employee.