About the Associate, Sports Partnerships at Headspace:
Headspace is looking for an Associate, Sports Partnerships to support our existing partnerships and build new relationships with professional sports leagues, teams and athletes, college athletic departments and fitness studios. You will work alongside our partnerships, PR, and media organizations to form key partnerships that will help us to create a culture of sport in which athletes focus as much training their minds as they do training their bodies.
You will be responsible for making Headspace a part of the preparation, performance and recovery process for both elite athletes and fitness enthusiasts. You will partner with sports psychologists, technical coaching staff, and corporate executives to make Headspace as prevalent as Nike. This is critical for the evolution of the Headspace company as we reach new customers. Build on top of our existing partnerships such as the Nike, NBA, WNBA, Kevin Love Fund and UCLA Athletics as we make the mental game as critical as the physical.
Reporting to the Head of Sports and Fitness, the Associate will be responsible for executing detailed research, creating compelling presentations, and performing accurate and insightful analyses (both qualitative and quantitative), working with various teams to execute on long range creative projects.
About the Org:
The Business Development & Partnerships group is Headspace’s “top of funnel” for new opportunities. This group is responsible for two things:
- Normalize meditation and our brand via key partnerships or new business models.
- Generate new revenue through partnership-driven customer acquisition initiatives or new non-core or non-enterprise business models.
The larger Business Organization responsible for key parts of Headspace’s market strategy, driving growth by bringing Headspace to new markets such as the workplace, educational institutions, and healthcare. We also execute on special projects that help expand the Headspace business in new and unexpected directions.
The team is also responsible for executing on the company’s strategic plans, anticipating opportunities and threats, and prioritizing strategic initiatives and investments. Projects can be highly analytical in nature, range in duration from 1 week - 6 months, and include close collaboration with Product, Marketing, Sales and Operations groups. The Associate will be expected to work on complex projects immediately upon joining. Importantly, the role will execute plans with operational efficiency.
How your skills and passion will come to life at Headspace:
- Project manage activations with sports and fitness partners
- Complex negotiations with key sports and fitness partners
- Pipeline Development based on new content releases, usage statistics, and company-wide strategy, with a key focus on outreach.
- Establish key, far reaching relationships with leaders at sports organizations and agencies.
- On-board sports teams to Headspace, educating the players and coaches to the benefits of meditation and mental training integrating it into their routines. Athlete engagement will be a key success metric.
- Prepare business proposals and presentations.
- The skills and experience to influence senior management decision makers.
- Lead qualitative analysis; prepare and present documents summarizing the results of the analyses and the strategic recommendations/planning.
- Candidate is responsible for delivery of briefings, analysis, and recommendations to senior and executive staff.
What you’ve accomplished:
- 3-5 years experience working for sports agencies in an outward facing capacity, preferably in a strategic partnerships-oriented role.
- Experience in management consulting or law a plus
- Strong problem solving skills such as prioritization, critical thinking and hypothesis development
- Ability to think pragmatically, not just theoretically, and drive execution of concepts
- Outstanding multi-tasking and teamwork capabilities
- Superior verbal and written communications skills, particularly the ability to develop cogent arguments and present them concisely to a range of stakeholders, including executives
How to get started:
If you’re excited by the idea of seeing yourself in this role at Headspace, please apply with your CV and a cover letter that best expresses your interest and unique qualifications.