RF / Electronics Engineer
The RF Engineers in Physical Networks will be within the Software Engineering Function. The team works with other teams to specify, develop and maintain the networking and radio solutions for all systems of Hyperloop - for safety critical real-time and other uses.
An RF / Electronics Engineer for this position will be responsible for modeling aspects of the RF environment, and developing requirements to allow us to select or develop an appropriate technology.
Ultimately, we will design reliable, scalable, real-time (or near-real time) applications that make Hyperloop One a reality. We are seeking candidates with various levels of experience to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals at our Los Angeles facility.
- Work to define, prototype and develop RF and networking systems.
- Work with third party collaboration partners to use and set industry standards.
- Verify channel model and design of wireless system concepts.
- Recommend solutions based upon custom developments and applicable off the shelf technologies.
- Support diverse networking requirements in a fast-moving environment.
- Communicate, present, and defend opinions concerning development decisions in a productive and diplomatic fashion.
- Ability to conduct research into issues and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language and visuals.
- Experienced in working with third party suppliers.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
- Proven experience with wireless OR wired network development
- Proven knowledge with low level channel analysis, radio theory for systems such as SDR, BT, LTE, GNSS, ZigBee, WLAN OR proven knowledge with physical layer design over copper fiber
- Some level of hardware experience as RF designer or support engineer
- Electrical Engineering degree (RF/comm specialization) or equivalent experience
- Experience in RF measurements/in-depth technical background of RF/Comm and associated applications
- Professional experience in analog, digital and signal processing systems with RF Comm specialization
- DSP and digital communication theory
- Basic programming skills (LabVIEW or C/C++/C# and/or VHDL/FPGA)
- Professional experience RF modeling and channel identification
Hyperloop One is an Equal Employment Employer; employment is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other protected status. Hyperloop One will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the “Ban the Box” legislation.