Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
Snapchat is the camera used by over 150 million people every day to Snap with family, watch Stories from friends, see events from around the world, and explore expertly-curated content from top publishers. In short, we are a passionate team working hard to build the best platform in the world for communication and storytelling.
We’re looking for a Release Engineer to join Team Snapchat! Working closely with Engineering, you will help ship great experiences that impact millions of Snapchatters around the world. Working from our Venice, CA headquarters, you’ll collaborate closely with developers, the Support team, and Engineering leadership to streamline processes that help deliver high quality releases quickly.
What you'll do:
- Manage all aspects of the Snapchat app’s internal and production release process
- Maintain healthy communication and cooperation among the Engineering, QA, and Release teams
- Communicate all key project plans, requirements, schedules, and changes to the organization
- Gather release acceptance signoff from all internal stakeholders
- Continually improve the reliability and performance of build and release processes
- Improve and maintain build tools
- Design and maintain automated channels for internal and production releases
- Maintain a repository of builds and release procedure documentation
- Manage release branches
What we're looking for:
- Experience managing releases
- Experience working in a distributed product-team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Someone who can handle flexible work-hours: full-time, weekends, and late nights as needed
- Experience with Xcode or Android Studio
- Experience with continuous delivery tools such as Fastlane
- Experience with CI tools such as Jenkins
- Proficiency with scripting languages such as Shell or Python
- BA/BS in computer science or any related technical field (or equivalent work experience)
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.