We’re BCG Digital Ventures. Welcome.
We are an ever-growing global team of the world’s most remarkable entrepreneurs, designers, engineers, venture architects, product experts and investors. Our ventures create a strategic advantage for the most important global companies. Our mission is to invent, launch, scale and invest in game-changing businesses with the world’s most influential corporations.
Adventure awaits you…
Build innovative businesses from the ground up
We are shaping the next generation of startups, and we’re looking for the brightest minds in the business to help us. Our world-class, multidisciplinary team will challenge you to push the boundaries of the industry. If you have the passion, tenacity, and curiosity to build innovative businesses from the ground up, we invite you to join our mission.
Operations at BCGDV
Our Operations team is the internal force that drives our business forward. It’s where organizational insight meets operational excellence. From Human Resources and Information Technology to Marketing and Finance, they are a dedicated group of one-of-a-kind problem-solvers with a deep commitment to world-class business services.
BCGDV is growing! We are looking for an experienced Vendor Management Specialist to help manage our contractor pool of staff as well as manage our relationships with a growing number of suppliers and alliance partners.
We operate in a flex capacity model where we leverage external contractors who are deep subject matter experts to assist in delivery of our ventures working closely with the cross functional team. You will be responsible for managing the portfolio of vendors and act as the primary interface to vendors for coordinating the supply required. As a senior Vendor Management Specialist, you will be part of capacity management team and provide the link between ventures that define needs, the cohort leaders and the portfolio of vendors. The role involves both induction of new vendors working closely with cohorts as well as vendor life cycle management.
At any one time, the number of contractors can range from 20 up to 150. In addition to the relationships we have with staffing/resourcing agencies, we are building connections with implementation specialists, providers and digital labs to supplement our offering. This role reports directly to the North America Resource Capacity Manager and you will be an integral part of the BCGDV Operations Team, working closely with our leadership team, HR, Finance, and venture teams. There is plenty of scope for this role to grow and further develop as we grow our operatios.
- Partner with venture teams and cohort leadership to identify skills and capabilities required
- Liaise closely with staffing agencies to source candidates across the full candidate lifecycle. Conduct regular business reviews with vendors to surface issues; actively seek to resolve these issues
- Work with HR, IT and finance to ensure smooth onboarding, deployment and termination of contractors, including managing documentation requirements and return of IT equipment
- Communicate and manage compliance to key operating principles with contractors (HR, IT security, Finance, confidentiality etc.). Identify and escalate any risk and compliance issues
- Manage negotiation of terms and conditions with vendors together with Resource Capacity Manager
- Work with Legal to put in place MSAs with vendor
- Work together with capacity resource manager and finance to conduct and improve vendor capacity forecasting
- Perform special projects and/or other duties as assigned or required
- Work with finance to forecast total vendor expenses for financial planning purposes
- Minimum 5 years of Vendor/Contractor management experience, preferably in a professional services, Technology or Digital Media company
- Familiarity with federal and state employment and labor laws
- Proficient with MS Office suite -Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- General knowledge of financial risk management staffing and roles desired (CCAR, internal audit, compliance and risk)
To learn more, visit us at BCGDV.com.
Interested applicants may apply through the careers section of the website at https://www.bcgdv.com/. Interviews will take place after resumes have been screened for minimum requirements. Please note that this position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above and that the job scope and responsibilities are subject to change.
BCG Digital Ventures is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.