Technical Program Manager
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters are available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
- Work closely with Technical, Product and Project leadership to align project priorities and schedules.
- Manage multiple interdependent projects of moderate to high complexity and scope.
- Champion the analytics process – from business understanding, data understanding, data preparation, data modeling, evaluation, and deployment; lead by example and by training business stakeholders with varying technical and non-technical backgrounds.
- Design and implement build and operational processes that help teams and the organization scale.
- Exercise independent judgment and develop recommendations that translate into a course of action.
- Master's degree in Science and/or 5 years of deep experience with data infrastructure products (e.g., pipelines, storage, queries, business intelligence, and analytics).
- Experience with backend systems development and integration.
- Experience with data management systems (transactional and analytical).
- Ability to provide timely reports to stakeholders and executives. Ability to articulate thoughts clearly and follow up on tasks and questions on behalf of engineers.
- Ability to communicate across a wide variety of functions and levels. Excellent interpersonal and analytical skills.
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.
Read Full Job Description