Supply Chain Lead
Greater LA Area
Team and Role Overview:
At Relativity, we create the platform to build the future of humanity in space. Leveraging 3D printing, we revolutionize the way rockets are built and flown. We are looking for a Supply Chain Lead to join our growing team at our headquarters in Los Angeles. As Supply Chain Lead at Relativity, you will enable all teams at Relativity to source products and services in the most cost-effective, time-sensitive, and quality-assured way. You build the critical link between key company milestones and Relativity’s supply chain strategy. You establish yourself as a highly trusted market expert and a resource for internal teams to determine the most effective sourcing channel and subsequent supply chain processes. You build relationships with suppliers that elevate Relativity’s capabilities in the short and long term, and implement standardized supplier performance management. You will report to the VP of Operations.
Outcomes and Objectives:
To help us reimagine the way rockets are built and flown, as Relativity’s Supply Chain Lead, you will
· Collaborate with internal teams to develop procurement strategies to secure competitive pricing and contract terms to drive timelines, savings and mitigate risk.
· Analyze monthly spend to identify trends and opportunities for further cost reductions.
· Establish and monitor procurement metrics to measure compliance and impact to the business.
· Prepare and review contracts, bids, proposals, and vendor agreements for commercial and legal terms/ conditions
· Supplier management including periodic business reviews.
· Assist and train user community with procure-to-pay process for submitting purchase order requests and related processes
· Collaborate with Finance to resolve supplier invoicing discrepancies
· Develop a portfolio of suppliers and prospective suppliers' capabilities.
To be successful in this role, you should have 5+ years of experience in Supply Chain Management, ideally in a small-to-midsized, high-growth environment in a technology company. You are passionate about supporting a variety of teams and their procurement needs, and thrive in building partnerships with suppliers. With suppliers, you establish common goals, define metrics, and drive continuous improvement around cost, quality, and timelines. For internal teams, you create light-weight processes and controls that optimize purchasing outcomes. You always have scalability top of mind, and optimize the balance between being hands on and establishing long-term procurement strategies that enable Relativity’s rapid growth. You thrive in ambiguous environments, are passionate about building structure from scratch, and have an untiring focus on excellent results.
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies
- 5+ years of experience in procurement/supply chain in a startup or other dynamic, high-growth company environment.
- Experience in scaling processes and procurement tools to ensure standardized, low-overhead implementation of sourcing practices across departments
- Expertise in demand analysis, supplier sourcing, negotiations, and supplier performance management.
- Outstanding customer orientation to provide partnership to technical teams, and support throughout all sourcing challenges and needs.
- Excellent supplier relationship building and relationship management
- BSc/BA in business, operations, engineering or relevant field; MSc/MA will be a plus
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills - including the ability to communicate with people in multiple locations in a high-touch personalized manner.
- Always an enthusiastic team player with a strong drive to create a positive work environment.
- Comfortable with high-volume workload and self-driven prioritization.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a United States Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Read Full Job Description