Sr Operations Manager/Producer
Hallmark Labs is a subsidiary of Hallmark Cards, Inc based in Santa Monica, California.
We currently operate two digital subscription services, Hallmark Movies Now and
Hallmark eCards, as well as ongoing initiatives in personalized, print-on-demand
greeting cards. We are a diverse team of innovators, creators and influencers
leveraging Hallmark’s deep experience in creating meaningful connections and
progressing it into the digital age with cutting-edge technology.
Are you great at what you do and passionate about your work? Are you honest and
Are you a self- motivated, go-getter that likes to have fun?
If so, you are in the right place.
The Sr. Operations Manager/Producer is responsible for managing all day-to-day operations of the Hallmark eCards Content Team in collaboration with the Hallmark eCards Art Director. This includes scheduling, booking talent, coordinating shoots, managing production budgets and maintaining project management and physical inventory databases. This person will help organize the scope of work, set due dates for the creative team, and act as a project manager. The Sr. Operations Manager/Producer will set department goals and assist with follow through to completion. This role manages logistics of content and delivery with internal staff, external staff and our partners at Hallmark headquarters. In addition, the Hallmark eCards Content Team will report directly to the Sr. Operations Manager/Producer. The right candidate for this position is solution oriented, collaborative, and creative with a passion for art and production.
- Act as an advocate for the department
- Oversee all Hallmark eCards Content staff, including daily job performance, communication, task delegation/follow up, performance reviws and disciplinary action – as needed.
- Manage Projects from start to finish
- Manage the department budget
- Evaluate and improve production capabilities
- Timing tasks (eCards, marketing assets) to help accurately predict what deliverables are to be completed for each holiday or promotion.
- Manage schedules and deadlines for artists and projects.
- Manage overall department workflow
SPECIFIC EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Banner/asset schedules made for each quarter
- Coordinate getting assets to marketing
- Coordinate live action shoots
- Reminders on deadlines
- Keeping tabs on LC expiration
- Keeping Tabs on usages
- Discovery of content in Hallmark systems
- Overseeing Interns
- Video/ Sound Library organization
- Creating general and project based budgets
- 3+ years of experience working in creative project management environment working directly with in-house creative teams and managing external vendors and contractors
- 3+ years of Digital Production Experience
- 2+ years of experience working in a people management role
- Bachelor's degree or 4+ years professional work experience
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Ability to collaborate and perform in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities under tight deadlines.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple cross-functional teams and stakeholder expectations.
- Self-driven and able to easily communicate creative ideas and collaborate in a team environment
- Strong attention to detail and a proven ability to handle heavy schedule coordination
- Proven ability to plan and execute responsibilities with minimal direction.
- Strong management and communication skills
- Ability to think and react in a high-energy, fast paced environment
- Proven ability to meet stringent deadlines.
- Productivity-focused and proven to be a quick problem solver
- Must be a strong leader and teammate. Must be punctual, reliable, flexible, and excellent at balancing multiple detail-oriented projects.
- Must have excellent presentation skills and communication skills (written, oral, internal, and client-facing).
To be considered an applicant for this position you must show how you meet the basic qualifications of the job in a resume or document you upload, or by completing the work experience and education application fields. Accepted file types are Microsoft Word (DOC or DOCX), PDF, HTML, or TXT. Individual file size attachment limit is 10 MB.
In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, Hallmark Cards, Inc. and its subsidiary companies will hire only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States. Hallmark does not generally provide sponsorship for employment. Employment by Hallmark is contingent upon the signing of the Employment Agreement, signing of an agreement to arbitrate in connection with the Hallmark Dispute Resolution Program, completing Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification, education verification and satisfactory reference and background checks.
Excellent medical benefits
401(k) match up to 5%
Life insurance policy for every employee, at no cost
Cell phone and home internet reimbursement
Carpool and parking pass cash-out program
Generous maternity/paternity leave
Employee assistance programs
Fully stocked kitchen with fresh fruit and delicious snacks and beverages
Monthly catered lunches
Soft serve machine 24/7
Great eateries close by, oh, and we’re near the beach!
Massage chairs and bicycles
Onsite free parking
Flexible work hours/work from home
Hallmark Labs is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other legally-protected status. Principals only please.