Specialist, Special Projects
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world's leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
UMG is currently seeking a Specialist, Special Projects in its Royalties & Copyright Department. The Specialist will assist Manager of Special Projects in conducting research, compiling analyses, and working with internal/external clients on various projects. The position requires focus, diligence, and accuracy, all accomplished in a fast-paced environment. Specialist must be agile and adaptable, organized and dependable – capable of work independently and showing care for all work produced. The role also requires ability to effectively collaborate with personnel from other groups or departments, as well as with other third parties.
- Support Special Project Group in providing services to Royalties & Copyright Department and to other UMG business groups as needed.
- Identify exploitations of recordings, research song ownership, verify and assign copyright ownership splits.
- Work with mass volume of data in researching contract and royalty information.
- Prepare mass volume of data for system wide updates.
- Research and respond to internal and external inquires.
• Strong quantitative, analytical and organizational skills with attention to detail
• Self-motivated individual who can take direction and translate into action
• Must be able to handle mass amounts of data with minimal errors
• Must be able to prioritize work and meet deadlines
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Proficient in Excel. Advanced Excel skills with knowledge of macros preferred. Experienced use of formulas and pivot tables required
• Knowledge of One Note, SAP, Business Objects and Zendesk a plus
• Experience interpreting and applying artist contractual rates from recording contracts, preferred
• Experience with royalty accounting preferred
- 4-year College degree or equivalent experience preferred
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.