Back in 2011, MeUndies disrupted the $110B underwear industry when it launched the very first online underwear subscription service. Since then, the LA-based DTC company has inspired a passionate (some might say obsessed) community with its super-soft Undies and Loungewear that Buzzfeed describes as “actual heaven against your skin.”
Fast forward to today, and MeUndies has sold more than 9 million pairs of underwear and is profitable with double-digit YoY growth. The company has redefined the transactional subscription model with a more community-focused, Membership approach—putting an emphasis on long-lasting Member relationships through special perks.
With its continued innovation, MeUndies has managed to stay ahead of the curve and offers multiple purchase options (singles, packs, matching pairs, & membership). It opened its first flagship store in Los Angeles in 2018.
We are hiring our first Site Merchandising role, a pivotal player in our customer journey. In this role, you would be responsible for managing the content & site experience strategy for our customers who come to MeUndies.com. You work to make sure the right products are presented in the right way, at the right time, at the right price, and in the right combination with the right context to encourage web visitors to buy. This role will be responsible for website product merchandising; product and promotion management; and act as the e-commerce platform admin expert.
What you’ll do:
- Develop strategy for and execute merchandising & editorial programming throughout the site, including: homepage, nav, categories/PLPs, PDPs, collection & landing pages, and other content areas, ensuring consistency across all touch-points; Support on-site product presentation and catalog data, and drive requirements into the search and browse experience Taxonomy, Navigation, Tagging, Attributes
- Leverage e-commerce principles, analytics, and general business expertise to ensure the website merchandising effectively and to identify opportunities to improve conversion, product page view, cross-sell and add to cart rates, all to drive incremental engagement, sales, productivity and profitability.
- Evaluate and maintain effective category groupings, sequencing, site search filtering and categorization strategies facilitating efficient search and reinforcing positive brand experience.
- Support the business by leveraging e-commerce principles as well as general business expertise to ensure the website merchandising is optimized to reflect guest behavior and business priorities
- Work closely with the merchandising group to understand merchandise needs and priorities and manage site execution with site merchandiser accordingly
- Ensure consistency across the site across all customer touch-points including navigation, product layout, content strategies, linking strategies
- Work closely with marketing to ensure seamless customer experience from all marketing channels
- Develop and manage content strategy, layout and merchandise products across the site.
- Be a subject-matter expert on the functionality and tooling necessary to create, manage and optimize the site layout.
- Be customer-centric and focused on delivering seamless experiences across all platforms.
- Update and maintain pricing and promotional marketing cadences
- Partner with Merchandising, Engineering, Marketing & Creative for all appropriate brand and category initiatives and ensure proper execution on the site
- Manage landing page testing strategy & execution
- Manage site content and keywords to maximize relevant results within on- and off-site search. Review search results page to optimize conversion.
- Participate in the refinement and evolution of the online shopping experience specifically around merchandise presentation
- Work closely with campaign and program leads and cross-functional partners (including Design, Copy & Content, Marketing, Merchandising and Engineering teams) to align on seasonal program strategies and plans.
- Partner with Engineering to influence development of new site features/functionality to support the best possible experience.
- Monitor the live site daily to check for category navigation issues and opportunities and product accuracy
- Hold a strong point of view of our customer’s needs, our site experience, the competitive landscape, and emerging trends.
- Develop and coordinate plans to test and modify various site elements such as navigation, product merchandising, customer treatment, and more.
- Monitor the site to ensure optimized performance around customer engagement and conversion across different customer types.
- Provide regular competitive analysis.
What you have:
- 5-7 years in e-commerce merchandising;
- Previous eCommerce experience in a digital merchandising capacity
- Strong passion for the customer and the brand
- Experience with analyzing and reporting via web analytic tools (i.e. Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics). You know your way around a spreadsheet.
- Has experience working in Web Content Management Systems. HTML and CSS a plus
- Experience with SEO content and editorial site programming
- Strong familiarity with Microsoft Office, particularly with Excel
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated the ability to multi-task and balance asks and needs across various stakeholders.
- A proven track record of taking ownership, accountability and driving results
- The ability to think strategically and execute tactically
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A deep understanding of customer behavior analytics both on site and across all marketing channels and tactics
- A strong, creative problem solver who is self-motivated and tenacious when tackling tough issues
WHY WORK AT MEUNDIES?
It's more than a job.
We have focused on building a team of people that emulates all of our core values. We look for people who stay balanced, go further, build relationships, champion differences, and are humble. At MeUndies, we continue to maintain a stellar brand by working collaboratively and encouraging growth with learning opportunities. Not to mention, there is no such thing as a small achievement here - we celebrate it all!
We look at the necessities.
We offer competitive equity/salary packages which include targeted annual bonuses, plus generous parental leave, a 401k, awesome health benefits, and open time off (yeah, we said it). You’ll enjoy top-of-the-line hardware and software, and have access to an annual personal Learning & Development budget of $1,000!
We offer all the head turning office things.
We have endless office amenities but here are a few of the fan favorites - everybody gets access to an on-site gym & shower, endless snacks, cold brew on tap, and a cozy lounge completed with a Wii for epic Mario Kart tournaments. Plus there are plenty of dogs (to pet, not to take home).
We don’t forget the most important things.
There’s a robust 360 review process, regular pulse surveys, and a focus on open communication. We also have annual employee check-ins to reflect back on achievements and plan for career growth. We’re always rooting for you.
Plus those special extra things.
We keep things fun with frequent catered lunches, holiday parties, offsites, happy hours, and an annual retreat. You’ll get a sweet employee discount, as well as a monthly MeUndies membership to rebuild your underwear drawer with our top notch prints.