Capitol Music Group (CMG) is comprised of Capitol Records, Virgin Records, Motown, Blue Note Records, Astralwerks, Harvest Records, Capitol Christian Music Group, Priority Records and Deep Well Records, as well as Capitol Studios and CMG's independent label services and distribution division, Caroline. Capitol Music Group is based in Hollywood, California in the iconic Capitol Records Tower.
Universal Music Group is seeking a Setup Coordinator to provide administrative and customer service support to Capitol Studios and clients. Must be very efficient and highly attuned to the smallest of details. No task is too small and no challenge too great. A "can-do" attitude is essential.
- Studio Set Up
- Ensuring the studio is presentable at all times
- Organize studio repairs and formulating long term solutions to everyday studio problems
- Runner duties including client support tasks
- Prepare for recording sessions by performing activities such as selecting and setting up microphones, loading and lifting
- heavy equipment for clients as well as breaking down the studio after sessions
- Responsible for stocking recording supplies in appropriate control rooms
- Department Service
- Sort and distribute incoming and outgoing mail including UPS, FedEx, Messenger and International Shipments
- Responsible for cleanliness and organization of control rooms, break rooms, closets and bathrooms
- Client & Customer Service
- Follow through on all client requests
- Assist all guests and clients to Studios as needed, including assistance with parking, escort through building, etc.
- Maintain service integrity and price efficiency with entire team
- Research, price, and purchase office supplies; ensure all departments have proper stock levels
- Assist Studio Coordinator in critical day to day administrative office functions and in planning and execution of daily work flow
- Assist departments with follow-up of equipment rentals
- Technically savvy with proficient use of Microsoft Office Products (Outlook, Word & Excel)
- Knowledge of microphones, microphone techniques and various consoles
- Candidate must be proactive, with exceptional organization and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to operate in a fast-paced environment, responding to issues promptly
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; the ability to communicate effectively to all levels of employees and management
- Positive attitude and team player
- High attention to detail and accustomed to meeting tight deadlines
- A successful candidate will be: service and detail-oriented, self-motivated, punctual, dependable, show a willingness to learn, sensitive to celebrity and confidentiality
- Experience in and knowledge of the music industry
- Knowledge and understanding of a production or studio environment
- Degree qualified (Music Production or Audio Post Production focus) or equivalent experience in a Production/Studio environment
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.