Senior Project Manager - Test Engineering
Test & Development has an extensive portfolio of on-going projects which requires leadership to ensure our internal and external projects are on track and on budget. The Senior Test Engineering Project Manager is directly accountable for developing the policy and procedures used in the direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of Verification and Validation Programs. The Senior Test Engineering Project Manager will be required to manage multi-discipline teams who deploy combined waterfall and agile methodologies.
The Senior Test Engineering Project Manager will focus on identifying, building and deploying tools and techniques for effective project management. Some of these responsibilities are:
- Define and deploy a project governance structure
- Create and deploy a Project Management Office that complies with best practices
- Promote and educate others on project and program management methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, Scrum, Kanban CPM, PRINCE2, Hybrid, etc or equivalent methods)
- Directs project managers how to collaborate with leads in meeting their needs.
- Master level skill in project resource loading, baselining and reporting on scope, cost and schedule variance.
- Host project request and prioritization meetings, accountable directions are adhered to and communicated
- Responsible for relationships with customers and stakeholders
- Lead large projects in writing project charters, requirements, identifying risks and issues
- Contribute to Risk Management assessments and mitigation strategies
- Conducts project review sessions and creating detailed reports to communicate project status, risks, and issues for executive staff
- Collaborate with Project Management Office to perform cross-department resource allocation, cost reduction and schedule improvements.
- Managing large and diverse teams of indirect reports
- Responsible for project level financial tracking
- Responsible for training team members on project management best practices
The candidate for this role must:
- Demonstrate the ability to present information clearly, concisely, and accurately
- Communicate directly, openly, honestly and reply quickly to requests
- Confront issues openly and quickly, and tactfully communicate sensitive information
- Work independently, occasionally without close support
- Be willing and able to travel (some global) as required
- Identify actionable ‘process improvement’ opportunities.
- Flexibility, relationship building, communication skills and time management are essential to success in this position
- Bachelor of Science; preferably in Engineering, Project Management or equivalent experience
- Extensive hands-on experience in a technical (hardware/software) or engineering position
- Expertise in project management with a demonstrated track record and in a leadership role
- Project Management Professional Certified (PMP) or similar process improvement program
- Successful track record of managing multi-discipline teams across different methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, Scrum, etc)
- Excellent interpersonal skills, team building skills and communication skills
- Must have expert skills on Microsoft Project, Primavera or equivalent and Microsoft Office, Visio
- Demonstrated initiative to develop innovative approaches & ideas and accept responsibility
- Experience in aerospace, transportation or systems/product Integration, Verification and Validation activities
- Demonstrated track record of successful management of multiple projects
- Expert understanding in portfolio, program and project management best practices
- Ability to influence decision making
- Public speaking and reporting to C-Suite level audience
- Expert level in using enterprise project tools such as Project Server, Project Online or other Project Portfolio level tracking
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time.