Senior Air Planning Associate
We are reinventing global trade.
Flexport helps more than 10,000 clients and suppliers lead all aspects of their supply chain operations. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B from investors that include SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator.
With offices on three continents, our team is as global as our client base and we’re excited to continue building a product and service they love. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, you’re guaranteed to share your day with committed, encouraging, and resourceful team members.
We're looking for a Senior Air Planning Associate to help us build our Air Freight capabilities in Los Angeles.
What you’ll do:
You'll have the opportunity to:
On the export side:
- Manage the capacity of Flexport charter flights and Block Space Agreements in the region you oversee, ensuring we fulfill them.
- Lead a team of air planners to ensure responsibilities are shared and all workflows are covered.
- Decide on the best consolidation of shipments to optimize margins and deliver a build plan to the warehouse team
- Contribute to build Flexport air export planning processes & tools
- Determine best carrier to use for export shipments, manage local airline relationships and procure spot rates.
On the import side:
- Coordinate the clearance and the de-consolidation of all import consolidations into the region you oversee, interacting with warehouse team, trucker and squads to ensure that all shipments get delivered to the final customer as soon as possible
- Contribute to build Flexport air import planning processes & tools
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor in mathematics, engineering, logistics or economics or related field
- Master degree in engineering, logistics, or economics (preferred)
- An internal track record of success in an operational or planning role;
- Very structured and with high level of energy;
- Strong analytical background and full mastery of analytical tools (Excel, etc.);
- Strategic vision and ground floor execution;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills;
- Next-level attention to detail;
- A mastery of email communication. You keep the inbox at zero;
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it;
- Previous experience in Forwarder or Airline Space Control / Revenue Management / Export or Import Planning a plus.
Where you’ll work:
Investing your time with Flexport means having immediate impact, all over the world. You’re empowered to do what’s best for everyone and trusted to make the right decisions when and where you need them. Join our collective of entrepreneurs and improve the world’s experience in global trade.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.