Senior Agile Coach
OPSkins is the world’s largest platform for video game virtual goods traders and is building a blockchain protocol called Worldwide Asset eXchange (WAX), designed to enable an unlimited number of marketplaces operated by individuals or small businesses to buy, sell and trade virtual goods at scale with just a few clicks.
As our Senior Agile Coach, you will help establish OPSkins Agile Model by implementing a hybrid solution adapting Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) and Agile Spotify Model across the engineering organization. OPSkins Agile Model will support management of multiple business lines at OPSkins enabling successful delivery of strategic company initiatives.
- Develop Agile adoption strategy and implement Agile hybrid methodology
- Lead in the creation, delivery and strategy of Agile Training to employees and contractors regarding OPSkins Agile processes, tools, and policies
- Provide ongoing Agile Coaching support for new Agile teams
- Facilitate team workshops to help new teams understand Spotify Agile model, Scrum, Kanban, individual and team roles and responsibilities
- Provide ad hoc coaching to teams that have implemented Agile but are in need of assistance to refine their processes
- Provide practical hands on mentoring to team members, Scrum Masters, Product Owners and managers of new and existing Agile teams
- Help teams set up their team boards, workflow automation, and automated reporting (Jira is the preferred Agile Tool)
- Assist organization to define, prioritize, and decompose requirements in Product and Program Backlogs
- Evolve and maintain the Agile Maturity Assessment model, Assess team performance and Agile maturity and reporting findings to the Agile Center of Excellence (ACE)
- Support multiple Agile teams at the same time and report recommendations directly to teams and to the ACE for the establishment of best practices and standards for other teams
- Provide feedback to the Agile Center of Excellence on processes, policies, procedures, training, and tooling changes to better support the enterprise Agile transformation
- Facilitate and coordinate cross team planning workshops, and coach other scrum masters to facilitate cross team planning workshops
- Communicate value of Agile and Agile successes to others in the organization, including senior leadership
- Coach executives, managers, and business partners on Agile and their roles in the Agile transformation.
- Prepare and/or update organization-wide Agile artifacts and methodology documentation
- Help iterate on and provide recommendations to advance the Agile Transformation Roadmap
- Meet with and provide miscellaneous ad hoc support to Agile teams and Scrum of Scrums.
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience required.
- 7-10 years of progressively responsible work experience with cross-functional, multi-dimensional teams, and multi-disciplinary projects of high complexity to meet strategic goals
- 7-10 years of experience in Agile organizational transformations, project management, Agile, Coaching teams, managers and executives
- 4+ years of Agile implementation experience
- Masters of Business Administration (MBA) Degree
- Having programming experience
- Showing proficiency in relevant programming languages
- Demonstrating strong knowledge of and background with Agile concepts
- Possessing prior experience coaching teams in Agile adoption or as a Scrum Master
- Having some background or coursework in Computer Science
- Scrum Coach certification
- Scrum Master certification
- Certified Scrum Practitioner CSP certification
The Agile Coach is responsible for designing a strategy for the organizational adoption of Agile. This includes every stage of adoption, from the introduction of Agile and employee education, to fostering teams and cultures that practice Agile, to sustaining Agile methodologies and continually offering strategies for improvement.
This task entails implementing Agile process, principles and practices across all levels and departments in an organization. The Agile Coach must use techniques that increase collaboration, predictability, transparency and promote a culture of experimentation and innovation. In order to do this, the Agile Coach must also embody the Agile principles and lead by example.