Greater LA Area
Are you a talented professional that focuses on the planning, execution, and monitoring of project initiatives? Are you a resourceful problem solver that thrives in the identification and definition of creative, effective technology solutions?
Appetize Technologies, Inc. is looking for a stellar Program Manager to join our growing Operations Team. This role is a blend of technical project management and business strategy with a MAJOR emphasis on communication and relationship management with key enterprise partners like Madison Square Garden, LA Angels, NY Yankees, Live Nation, etc.
You will play a vital part in comprising a polished and cohesive approach to leading complex implementation projects or product feature launches for our key customers. You will serve as the “air traffic controller” guiding these projects and objectives to deliver against aggressive software development deliverables, time constraints and financial goals to drive customer satisfaction throughout the implementation. You will work closely with product management, operations and engineering to help drive the scheduling, planning and execution of your own and your fellow project managers’ projects. You’ll develop and maintain schedules for the many moving parts that need to converge. You will have the opportunity to partner with diverse technical and operations groups, spanning multiple businesses and teams within the company and acting as Appetize’s representative to the client during the project.
- Lead one or several complex projects from inception to completion
- Drive a large complex matrix team (engineering, product, operations) to deliver on time , on budget with quality
- Act as key central point of contact for assigned projects, including but not limited to all things engineering delivery as well as all things client communication during the project phase
- Develop and maintain contact with top decision makers at key clients; participate and lead aspects of the implementation process
- Assume accountability and communication of tracking, monitoring, removing roadblocks and reporting , delivering high quality service to stakeholders - Tracking schedules, progress, updates, status, producing regular written and verbal reports, anticipating bottlenecks, highlighting risks, driving deliverables and make trade-offs across the project portfolio, providing solutions to get to the end goal
- Produce effective results: Ensure project goals, objectives, milestones and deliverables are achieved on schedule
- Work closely with the Appetize product, engineering and operations teams to drive solutions and integrations for both current and prospective clients
- Thoughtful Partner engagement: Understand when to engage, who to engage and the appropriate method for the circumstances.
- Requirements gathering: Includes appropriate stakeholders to properly collect comprehensive requirements - Contribute to the development of product strategies that listen to our customers, and be able to communicate these requirements effectively internally with our teams, in order to deliver the right initiatives, on time and on budget.
- Build relationships and influence others to get things done and drive decision making
- Report into the project management office following standardized processes to organize and coordinate multiple projects and activities in accordance with our mission and goals, as well as facilitate the creation of appropriate project documentation for the assigned projects.
- Located in the Central Florida area
- 2+ years of enterprise program management experience
- 5+ years planning and managing project initiatives or delivering systems
- Experience with projects involving solution development based on web or mobile application architecture
- Experience translating requirements into optimized designs and identifying alternatives
- Excellent teamwork skills including written and verbal communication skills
- Moderate Travel - willing to be onsite and on the ground at our various client sites when needed
- Experience with Agile Software Development
- Metrics driven decision making
- PMP Certification or similar Program/Project Management certification
- Agile ScrumMaster certification and/or experience in working in Agile SDLC
- POS, restaurant and retail product/program management experience a strong plus
Appetize, the Los Angeles based Point-of-Sale technology company, is serving its modern ordering and payment technology to over 400 enterprise businesses. We're a a fast-growing and disruptive technology company that is steadily replacing legacy point of sale systems in the sports and entertainment, education, and professional industries. Appetize marquee venues including, Madison Square Garden, US Bank Stadium, University of North Carolina, and the San Jose Convention Center. Appetize redefines the ordering and payment process through its POS, handheld, kiosk, and inventory products for operators, as well as its mobile ordering platform for fans. For more information, visit www.appetizeapp.com.
Read Full Job Description